Account coordinator is responsible for managing and supporting MYPR client strategies and programs to further company objectives. The successful candidate must employ strategic communications tools through traditional and electronic platforms to effectively engage media and consumers.
Duties include coordinating and hosting media visits, maintaining media lists and editorial calendars, developing and updating client reports, monitoring media coverage, industry research and social media efforts. Developing press releases, pitches and media outreach.
This is an excellent entry-level opportunity in a fast-paced small agency environment. The person who is selected for this position has an opportunity to be exposed to a myriad of public relations practices and agency partners.
- BA or BS in public relations, journalism, communications or related fields
- Previous marketing or public relations experience (including internships)
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of Associated Press Style
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain professional attitude and appearance at all times
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to work independently and make decisions without supervision
- Proficiency in InDesign and CisionPoint a plus
Malen Yantis Public Relations is a growing boutique pr firm specializing in travel and tourism with offices in Denver and Vail. The MYPR approach to public relations is unlike the sea of sameness found at many larger agencies. We offer a fresh, creative approach that is less process, more action and results. MYPR develops buzz-worthy pr programs for premium lifestyle brands, iconic destinations and distinctive hotels. We work with brands that inspire us as much as we inspire them. For more information, visit www.myprco.com.