An Account Manager maintains strong, lasting client relationships based on progress in achieving client’s marketing objectives in a manner that results in a profit to the agency. In addition, they develop positive relationships, morale and sense of teamwork among agency staff. Responsible for the day-to-day execution of a program and/or a project: on strategy, on time and within budget.
The description above is pretty fancy, but let’s get to the essence of this role. What type of person makes the cut?
We’re not kidding when we say we need a highly organized candidate with attention to detail.
Know what else you need to be? A proactive self-starter. You can’t be waiting around being told what to do…figure out what needs to be done and do it! But this role isn’t just about the left side of the brain. Bring us the right side, too! We want smart, thoughtful, innovative, critical, resourceful thinkers that can help us solve client marketing problems with killer creative.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate the development of the communications plan (or strategic review) in accordance with the client’s
objectives and budgets. Consult with Creative, Interactive and Account Management to communicate client
objectives and to develop alternative strategic solutions.
• Ensure estimates are generated and approved in a timely fashion
• The assignment expert; knows the detail on job status
• Prepare, and receive, client approval with sufficient information so other agency staff can complete client
projects in an effective and timely manner.
• Develop timetable for client projects in conjunction with the other members of the account team.
• Guide the day-to-day development of all client projects. Ensure that progressive steps in the process are approved with adequate time to meet schedules.
• Keep agency personnel informed of client requests and changes.
• Review all work prior to submitting to the client for approval.
• Obtain all required client approvals.
• Coordinate with Interactive and Creative members of the client team to ensure all deadlines and rotation
schedules are accurate and up to date.
• Facilitate billing to the client after checking for accuracy and reviewing against estimate.
• Participate in New Business activities as assigned.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience preferred
• Must have 4+ years of agency-side marketing or advertising experience
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Advanced computer skills with experience in widely utilized applications in the agency environment
• Strong problem solving skills and detail oriented
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Ability to effectively handle multiple assignments at one time
• Team player
• Positive outlook and good interpersonal skills
• Full-time position based in our Northern Colorado office
• Salary is commensurate with experience level
• Travel between our two office locations may be occasionally required
• Benefits include paid vacation, 401k, medical/dental/vision
• Plus, you know, you get to work with an amazing team…
Burns is an independent creative agency born and bred in Colorado. We’re dreamers, doers, and unapologetic fanatics for our clients and their brands.
Solid results don’t come by accident, and neither does great creative. Both occur with our time-tested approach that melds problem-solving and sound strategy.