Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Strategic Alliance is dedicated to providing and enhancing the experience of a lifetime for the Vail Resort guest(s) through partnerships that enable Vail Resorts to continue to be the world premiere mountain, lodging and ski resort company. Strategic Alliance aligns with a select group of exceptional companies interested in unique and rewarding business partnerships. Strategic Alliance is a profit center within Vail Resorts representing business to business marketing partnerships for Vail Resorts Management Company (Ski Resorts) Vail Resorts Lodging Company (RockResorts and the owned and managed hotels within ski resorts) and Vail Resorts Development Company.
- Day to day Account Management responsibility and cross functional partnership lead for top priority partnership.
- Accountable for contractual (legal) compliance for respective sponsorship under management.
- Responsible for the implementation of all contractual and non-contractual elements.
- Create and deliver a comprehensive annual sponsorship report outlining all rights and benefits received including marketing value and financial ROIs.
- Ability to become knowledgeable and capable of professionally communicating to partners the broad and high level marketing plans and strategies for Vail Resorts.
- Executive level communications skill in order to communicate the needs of the partner to Vail Resort operations, marketing, sales, hospitality and vice versa.
- Create and develop, in concert with the partners, fresh and innovative activations in tune with our brand initiatives providing incremental value for both parties.
- Act as a single point of contact, facilitator and often times decision-maker for alliance partner pertaining to internal sponsorship requests (resort events, employee incentives, employee benefits). When appropriate, obtain additional sponsorship revenue, product and/or services from alliance partners above and beyond the contractual obligations.
- Manage and control strategic partner expenses against revenue in line with the department financial goals and objectives
- Develop strong relationships with applicable 3rd party agencies for the support and guidance on behalf of Vail Resorts and the partner. For Example: creative agencies, resort communities, HOA boards, resort companies, municipalities, etc.
- Consistently schedule time, both independently and with partner representatives, in our ski resorts, hotels, F&B venues, applicable operations including frequent overnight travel both in Colorado and out of state
- Manager must at all times be professional, extremely well versed in the intricacies of the Vail Resorts organization, its mission and financial objectives.
- Manager is accountable for the successful renewal/contract extension of partnership that they manage during the final year of a partners Term. The expectation is to work closely with the Strategic Alliance Director on the renewal process
- In new and renewal partnership agreement, manager shall be accountable for maintaining revenue and expenses against revenue integrity.
- This position will require the interaction with and entertainment of our partner both on weekends and in the evenings. There are occasions to be called upon to act as resort concierge, tour guide, reservationist, lodging agent and general problem solver.
- This position has limited administrative support from the departmental account coordinator. The account manager position is responsible for leveraging department resources as well as internal stakeholders in the field
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE AND COMPLEXITY
- Strategic Alliance account manager is reliant upon each department at Vail Resorts to meet and exceed the requirements of their role. To be successful, strong inter-organizational relationships are imperative. On a weekly, if not daily basis, managers interact with: hospitality, marketing technologies, mountain operations (ski school, lifts, ski patrol, guest service), accounting, marketing, sales, legal, development, private clubs, advertising, public relations, human resources and finance.
- Account managers are responsible for ensuring that our partners find value and a return on their investment. As a revenue center, Alliance managers are responsible for managing the revenues and expenses within Alliance. Alliance is accountable for a considerable net contribution to Vail Resorts. Failure to manage partner revenues and expenses may result in a negative impact to our year-end contribution and therefore negatively impact the overall financial success of Vail Resorts.
- Minimum College or University Undergraduate Completion or equal work experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years minimum in sponsorship and/or partnership account management or key account management position representing all aspects of a sponsor(s) activation, event planning and execution, relationship management, ROI reporting, etc.
- 25-50% travel required
ADDITIONAL AND HELPFUL SKILLS
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Professional presentation skills, public speaking, presentation skills, etc
- High level of organizational and time management skills
- Must have minimum intermediate-upper intermediate Skiing, Telemark and/or Snowboarding ability.
- On site event execution support
- Excellent relationship building and on-going support skills
- Can effectively and tailor their communication style and message depending on the audience from C level executives to front line staff
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.