Founded in 1994, the Gill Foundation is one of the nation’s largest funders of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender equality. For more information, please visit www.gillfoundation.org.
This position interacts with all levels of employees and requires good judgment and sensitivity to the confidential nature of the information being handled. Performs varied accounting assignments including payroll and accounts payable. Administers benefit programs and advises employees on eligibility for insurance and other benefits. Responsibilities also include online banking, journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Models the foundation’s guiding principles and core values of being dynamic, strategic, inspiring, innovative and pioneering.
- Puts a premium on getting the details right and persists until questions are fully answered and understood.
- Thrives in a team-centered environment and contributes to the success of the team as a whole.
- Embraces a culture of high performance, accountability for results, and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Ensures the accurate and timely processing of bi-weekly payroll, related employee benefit transactions and reporting, including COBRA.
- Responsible for onboarding new staff with thorough communication of benefits, implementing coverage, and managing employee records and required documents.
- Compiles documentation for annual benefit renewals, including 401(k) non-discrimination testing and 5500 filing.
- Completes various organizational surveys as required.
- Performs detailed accounts payable processing, including vendor file maintenance, vendor contract file management, research, payments, and 1099 reporting.
- Manages online system of expense report processing to include user set-up and maintenance; corporate credit card processing and resolution of user and/or system issues. (Concur, Visa)
- Processes incoming checks through online banking system.
- Maintains accounting records and file system.
- Updates policy and procedure documentation, as needed.
- Maintains and updates employee forms, resources and handbook on shared server.
- Prepares monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assists in preparation for annual financial audit.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in related field and/or equivalent experience desired.
- Experience with automated accounting systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Thorough knowledge of windows-based operating system, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proven ability to function effectively in team environment.
- Strong work ethic, detail orientation, time management, prioritization and organization skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Commitment to the mission of the Gill Foundation.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join the Gill Foundation’s Program and Communications Team. The Gill Foundation offers competitive compensation packages including base salary, health, retirement, and vacation benefits.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Gill Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in full compliance with all federal, state, and local laws. The foundation’s policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment and prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, height, weight, military status and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.