Colorado Public Radio continues to expand and has a brand new opportunity for an experienced accounts payable professional to join its Business Office team as an Accounting Specialist.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for all aspects of accounts payable, preparing general ledger entries, and monthly account reconciliations.
Essential responsibilities include: GL coding and processing of accounts payable; processing employee expense reports; reconciling and processing corporate credit card charges; preparing 1099s; and assisting with the annual financial audit preparation.
Knowledge and competencies:
- 1-2 years accounts payable experience preferred
- Good understanding of the full-cycle accounting process and the relationship between accounts payable and the financial statements and budgets
- Flexible/innovative, able to research and solve problems independently
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and staff as well as vendors and donors
- Strong organizational skills with a willingness and ability to multi-task
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP/Great Plains a plus, not required
- Knowledge of Excel and Word
- Detail oriented