About the CELL:
The Counterterrorism Education Learning Lab® (CELL®) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan institution dedicated to preventing terrorism through education, empowerment and engagement. Our community training initiatives, speaker series events and award-winning exhibit provide a comprehensive look at the threat of terrorism and how we all play a role in enhancing our nation’s security.
The Administrative Assistant oversees the day to day operations of the CELL offices, provides a full range of administrative support to executive and senior management, and assists in data collection and entry to support CELL community and education programs.
- Ensures consistent inventory of office supplies, and conducts routine audits of supplies to ensure that office never runs out of key items.
- Provides light maintenance on office technology to ensure consistent functionality. Acts as liaison with outside tech vendors to troubleshoot issues and minimize staff downtime.
- Identifies new office processes and technology to improve efficiency.
- Schedules calendars and travel arrangements with high level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Communicates timely and accurately with Board of Directors and all relevant stakeholders.
- Utilizes Salesforce for a myriad of day to day activities, such as entering registrant lists, updating records, creating new contacts, pulling reports, spot checking data integrity, and other duties as assigned
- Answers and manages incoming calls with the highest level of professionalism and discretion.
- Supports community and education programs by tracking event registrants, preparing/organizing supplies and materials, providing on-site support, as well as other duties.
- Provides a wide range of administrative support, including document preparation, office calendar management, planning meetings, organizing employee related functions (holiday party, staff retreat, ect.), as well as other duties.
Skills and Qualifications
- Two or more years relevant work experience in an office setting
- Experience working within data management system required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Outstanding writing, presentation, communication, & problem solving skills
- Exceptionally detail oriented
- Outstanding ability across Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to effectively interact with various constituencies – high level executives, teachers, law enforcement, & vendors
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Experience working in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Highly motivated, positive, flexible, team player is a must
Hours and Salary
Salary is commensurate with experience. The candidate must be available Monday-Friday and may be required to work some evenings and weekends to support program activities