Colorado Hospital Association (CHA) is the leading voice of Colorado’s hospital and health system community. Representing more than 100 hospitals and health systems throughout the state, CHA serves as a trusted, credible and reliable resource on health issues, hospital data and trends for its members, media, policymakers and the general public. Through CHA, Colorado’s hospitals and health systems work together in their shared commitment to improve health and health care in Colorado.
The Administrative Assistant reports to and works directly with VP of Shared Services to accomplish tasks and meet objectives required to effectively and efficiently manage the office of the Vice President. The position requires teamwork and high-level communications to assist in managing these responsibilities. The position also supports the Director of Workers’ Compensation and the Director of CHA Financial Advisors and requires the ability to shift gears, prioritize and multi-task to produce a quality product while managing multiple deadlines.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage inbound and outbound inquires, coordinate meetings, schedule appointments, organize activities and maintain follow up.
- Maintain appointment scheduling using Outlook including onsite/offsite meetings, conference calls and video conferencing.
- Interprets Vice President’s calendar confirming appointments and ensuring locations and times are correctly reflected. Generate daily next day’s business, taking into consideration weekends, travel, vacation, etc.), discerning and calling appointments ahead of time to confirm meetings, researching and adding addresses and communicating with executive assistant on conflicts for direction. Anticipates the Vice President’s schedule to prepare meeting materials, travel folders, invitations, card and driving directions in advance of meeting.
- Opens, prioritizes, sorts and date stamps mail.
- Reconcile/trace missing expense receipts for office of the Vice President.
- Answer Vice President’s telephone and multiple shared services lines, taking precise correct messages and promptly relaying to the correct individual.
- Assist in variety of onsite/offsite meeting preparation including tracking participant registrations, meeting material dissemination and catering.
- Assist in coordinating and participating in various committee meetings by preparing agendas, memoranda, electronic email, sign-in sheets and track attendance.
- Maintain Vice President’s filing by preparing folders, disseminating and purging old files.
- Update and maintain contact listings, committees and distribution lists using internal database applications
- Assist with member mailings using Outlook, Word, Excel and iMIS mail merge applications.
- Draft correspondence, agendas, memoranda, and other documentation as needed.
- Print, assemble and distribute the CHA Shared Services and CHA Workers’ Comp Trust Board of Trustees board packet materials in a timely fashion within quality standards.
- Assist with preparation of Board of Trustees meetings including room set-up, catering and clean up.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, including flight, hotel and car rental.
- Complete forms as necessary including but not limited to expense reports, purchase orders, and check requests.
- Track and submit monthly expenses for VP and Directors.
- Provide consistent, high-level support for daily and periodic departmental operations.
Other Duties: As assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Education and Experience required (unless otherwise noted):
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and ability to quickly learn new software programs and apps
- 3-5 years previous administrative support experience
- Previous experience with board meeting support including agendas, board minutes, and meeting logistics
- Notary Public or ability to obtain notary
- Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) preferred
- Associates degree or greater preferred
Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Demonstrated organizational skills and personable positive attitude
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and within short deadlines
- Ability to handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to handle confidential information and situations discreetly and professionally
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and to complete tasks on time
- Basic reading, writing, and strong arithmetic skills required
- Professional telephone and email etiquette, professional appearance and demeanor, able to interact with all levels within the organization
- Self-starter with a strong desire to learn
- Maintains prompt and regular attendance
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for a fast-paced office work environment.
- Requires occasional overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed.
- Requires walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods through out the day.
- May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files on a regular basis. Proper lifting techniques required.
- Personal computer with Microsoft Office software applications.
- Multi-line telephone with voice mail.
- Copy machine.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor. Nothing in this job description shall create or is intended to create, or shall be construed to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied. Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.