JOB KNOWLEDGE – Essential Functions, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Works collaboratively with the entire Advancement team to support advancement initiatives and goals.
- Demonstrates a commitment to advancing the Arvada Center’s initiative IDEA — Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access.
- Represents the Arvada Center at meetings and events.
Administrative Support for President/CEO and Board of Directors
- Maintains the President/CEO’s calendar, including updating all programs and ensuring all development events are on the calendar.
- Schedules meetings and reserves rooms, internal (staff, board, committees) and external (community partners, donors, City, etc.)
- Provides donor research to the President/CEO before a donor call.
- Takes President/CEO’s donor call reports and enters them in Tessitura.
- Processes President/CEO’s expenses.
- Orders flowers/cards/gifts as needed.
- Orders catering for CEO/President meetings when needed.
- Provides other general support as needed, including filing, making copies, setting up for meetings, cleaning up after and running minimal errands.
- Orders office supplies, restocks office supplies and mail room supplies.
- Works with the President/CEO to schedule board meetings and committee meetings.
- Sends out board packets for meetings, takes minutes at board meetings and handles all administrative needs for the Board of Director and/or as directed by the President/CEO.
- Takes notes in senior staff meetings and any committee meetings as needed by President/CEO.
Administrative Support for Advancement
- Reports to and supports the Vice President of Advancement.
- Processes and acknowledges all donor gifts (individual, corporate and foundation) in a timely manner in compliance with IRS guidelines.
- Orders office supplies for the Advancement team.
- Prepares thank you cards for staff and board members to sign on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Assists with mailings, filing, and special projects as needed.
- Sends out agenda for Advancement monthly meeting, takes notes during meeting and sends out follow-up action items to team after meetings.
- Runs donor performance reports and sends them to President/CEO, VP of Advancement and board members.
- Pulls development fund reports for board meetings.
- Reserves meeting space as directed by VP of Advancement.
- Updates and maintains donor records in our database, Tessitura.
- Sets up pledges for GEM donors.
- Orders nametags and business cards for advancement staff and board members, as needed.
- Works closely with finance team to ensure donor gifts are placed into the correct funds.
- Works with auditors on an annual basis to provide documentation of donor gifts.
Donor Relations and Stewardship
- Fulfills donor benefits.
- Orders cards, flowers and other gifts for donors as directed by the President/CEO and VP of Advancement.
- Manages the “Name-a-Seat” program in the Main Stage Theatre.
- Maintains the Center Stage Donor Lounge, restocks supplies as needed.
- Checks development webpages for accuracy and provides updated content to the communications team as needed.
- Interacts with donors at events, openings and in the donor lounge as needed.
- Ensures proper donor activity tracking in the Tessitura database, including contact information, call reports and event attendance.
- Provides regular standing fundraising reports and other reports as needed.
- Maintains donor files and other development materials.
- Provides general database support for the team, including testing prior to upgrades.
- Drafts correspondence and thank you letters.
- Creates talking points for President/CEO when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in related field or equivalent
- 1-2 years related experience or equivalent preferred
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Nonprofit database experience preferred
- Commitment to excellence, unimpeachable ethical standards and personal integrity
- Good interpersonal skills, comfortable engaging with high net worth individuals
- Desire to work in the field of fundraising and philanthropy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- A demonstrated commitment to the Arvada Center’s mission
- Ability to work independently and with good time-management skills
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to do the following:
- Stand for extended periods of time for events
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Occasional evening and weekend work
- Frequent verbal contact with others
- Rapid work pace, with frequent deadlines
- Attends and participates in required internal meetings, events and actively acquires thorough knowledge of Arvada Center productions, programs and exhibits.
- Other duties or projects as assigned by the VP of Advancement.
Scope of Authority
Receives supervision under the direction of Vice President of Advancement.
Works with and adheres to multiple budgets and appropriately applies expenses to respective budgets.
This position does not have any direct reports, but may occasionally oversee volunteers who help with administrative needs.
Internal Contacts: Arvada Center staff, volunteers, board members, and building maintenance staff.
External Contacts: patrons, donors, non-profit organizations, social organizations, corporate partners, and vendors.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Requires use of standard office and computer equipment including, radios, cell phones, and multi-line phone system. Software utilized includes Tessitura Ticketing System, Excel, Word, Publisher, and Power Point.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time, non-exempt position at the Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities located at 6901 Wadsworth Boulevard in Arvada, Colorado. The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com. Please list “Advancement Assistant” as the subject line of your email. No phone calls will be accepted. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. Your cover letter should give us a sense of your personality and express why you want to work at the Arvada Center.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.