AmeriCorps VISTA – VISTA Leader
Please note: this is a paid volunteer position for National Service Alumni
Community Resource Center (CRC) believes in the power of the nonprofit sector to affect change and support thriving communities. We envision a strong and sustainable nonprofit sector leading our state towards a more just future. Our mission is to create opportunities, tools and strategies to develop nonprofits and community groups to strengthen Colorado.
Located in Denver, Colorado, CRC’s work environment is fast paced, dynamic and flexible. Board, staff and AmeriCorps VISTA members collaborate closely on program development and organizational strategy. CRC’s team engages in grassroots, hands-on strategies for nonprofit capacity building, with an emphasis on our statewide presence. Candidates should be comfortable working in and with diverse communities across Colorado. CRC is a member of the Colorado Collaborative for Nonprofits and has a team of 15 staff and VISTA members.
CRC serves as an intermediary AmeriCorps VISTA project and partners with nonprofit organizations based in rural Colorado to provide them with the support of a VISTA member. During the 2020-2021 grant cycle, CRC will host 4 VISTA members at our Denver office and 28 VISTA members at rural partner organizations. The VISTA Leader will facilitate recruitment and onboarding of all 28 members. The VISTA Leader will provide ongoing support to members by providing professional development and networking opportunities, connecting members to resources, and developing a network of support for VISTA members across the state.
- Facilitate recruitment of VISTA members, including: creating a job description, marketing, screening and interviewing candidates
- Onboard, train and recognize VISTA members
- Provide ongoing guidance and support to VISTA members
- Identify professional development and networking opportunities for VISTA members
- Foster greater communication between VISTAs and their project supervisors
- Collect AmeriCorps VISTA grant reports
- Organize National Service Days & National Service Recognition Day outreach
- Serve as a liaison of national service, participating in job fairs and representing both VISTA and CRC at networking and sector events
- Track nonprofit sector news
- Collect data on regional nonprofits and funders
- Participate in on-going fund development efforts for CRC programs
- Completed at least one year of service as a AmeriCorps VISTA, AmeriCorps State/National member, AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC), or term of service as a Peace Corps Volunteer
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications, writing and editing skills
- Task oriented and deadline driven
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated strengths relationship building and community outreach
- Tact, diplomacy and ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Understanding of the nonprofit sector and volunteerism
- Skills in data management, research, and analysis
- Access to reliable transportation and the ability to travel throughout the state
Supervision: The VISTA Leader will be based in CRC’s Denver office and supervised by CRC’s Director of Rural Partnerships and VISTA Project Manager, Leah Rausch.
This position will be filled by an AmeriCorps VISTA member. To qualify for AmeriCorps VISTA, you must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident, be team-oriented, and willing to take on a wide range of challenges. Once chosen for this position, if not already a VISTA member, you must go through the necessary paperwork to become a VISTA member.
For more information, please visit: www.americorps.gov/for_individuals/choose/vista.asp
Program Benefits: Choice of Education Award ($6,195) or End of Service Stipend ($1,800) upon successful completion of service, Health Coverage, Monthly Living Allowance ($1,592/month), Housing Assistance ($150/month) paid directly to a landlord, and Professional Development/Training
Service Term: February 2020– February 2021