Assistant General Manager, Bus Operations
At the Regional Transportation District of Denver, CO (RTD) our mission is to meet our constituents' present and future public transit needs by offering safe, clean, reliable, courteous, accessible and cost-effective service throughout the District. We look for candidates to join our team in creating a legacy for current and future generations.
RTD is currently seeking a motivated individual with a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Transportation Studies, Public Administration or related field of study.
This position requires:
- A minimum of ten years of executive level experience in management of large scale transit operations which includes internally operated and contracted services.
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible middle or senior management experience in bus operations, with direct fiscal responsibility.
- Proficiency in the principles and practices of program administration and future planning.
- Strong business orientation in maximizing utilization of assigned resources.
- Proficiency in transit operations, principles and practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to use sound judgment.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to details.
- Ability to identify complex issues and recommend alternatives to resolve those issues.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities.
We currently have the following position available:
Description of Work: This position provides leadership and direction to all Bus Operations programs. Applications will be accepted until November 3, 2017. For a complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.rtd-denver.com/careers.
Regional Transportation District (RTD)
Denver, CO 80202