Founded in 1998, Otter Products has become a global innovator of premium protective solutions for smartphone and tablet devices. At Otter Products, “We Grow to Give.” The company’s success is measured by this mission and brought to life through the OtterCares Foundation. A seven-time honoree on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S., Otter Products was also named one of “America’s Most Promising Companies” by Forbes Magazine and one of the "Healthiest Companies to Work for in America" by Greatist. The company is headquartered in Fort Collins, Colo., with offices in San Diego; Cork, Ireland; and Hong Kong.
The uniVERSE Assistant Marketing Manager will lead the planning, development & execution of strategic marketing programs for key brand, product and/or channel initiatives for our OtterBox brand with a focus on our uniVERSE Case System. This individual will serve as a “project quarterback” and be responsible for the strategic brief & budget for product launch/sustain programs, leading cross-functionally on the initiative from start to finish. The uniVERSE Assistant Marketing Manager will optimize our product launch & sustain efforts through flawlessly executed programs tailored to meet our business objectives, and delivered on-brief, on-time, and on-budget.
The ideal candidate will have a gift to see the strategic vision while being able to execute the small details to get to their vision. Do you have the magic talent to see the big picture and manage the specifics to get there? If so, you might be our next Assistant Marketing Manager focused on our uniVERSE series.
- Develop 2017 go to market strategy
- Closely collaborate and partner with uniVERSE Business Innovation team
- Proactively update Sales Deck to reflect the addition of new partners
- Review and approve partner module packaging
- Identify opportunities to develop partner module marketing support
- Identify opportunities to develop key customer marketing support
- Integrate with the B2B team to collaborate on marketing efforts
- Partner with the creative team to flesh out refreshed photography and videography assets to reflect new partners
- Collaborate with OtterCares to develop custom marketing efforts
- Coordinate with global offices to ensure consistency of uniVERSE system messaging
- Maximize Shopper, consumer and partner data to create relevant marketing programs
- Manage strategic go-to-market briefs (for product launch/sustain, brand campaign, channel program, etc) in close collaboration with cross-functional leaders & peers to meet stated business objectives
- Manage associated project budgets for strategic initiatives, typically with responsibility between $1-2M and material impact on key corporate projects and focus areas; escalate communication to marketing leadership for key status reporting as business requires
- Kick-off marketing briefs and lead cross-functional project management process (Creative, Digital, Communications, Channel, Experiential, Sales, Ops, etc.) and other stakeholders to ensure all requirements are captured
- Lead and/or coach Marketing team resources on project status reviews with cross-functional stakeholders including creative, product, channel, legal, etc;
- Manage feedback capture and discussion with creative team and cross-functional groups; deliver objective feedback rooted in the stated strategy/brief; work with Creative to ensure consistency across all assets
- Develop presentation tools for key stakeholder groups (sales, customers, media) and help deliver presentation content to targeted audiences
- Develop Internal marketing strategies to ensure Otters are armed with brand, product & sales knowledge needed to do their job and represent the company as needed, including Customer Service, OR, Operations etc.
- Responsible for completion of after-action review for all marketing programs including ROI/post-mortem analysis
- Other duties as required based on functional focus, such as but not limited to:
- Brand & Product: Lead creation & implementation of marketing strategy for key series & campaigns, including overall marketing brief, budget, and flawless execution across the sales team & marketing mix
- Communications: Develop & execute strategic paid media, social media & editorial/PR programs tied to corporate initiatives for product launch, consumer segments, channel partners etc.
- Channel: Lead sales & marketing programs for strategic distribution channels / key accounts that drive revenue, profitability and/or other commercial KPI
- Event: Manage tent-pole event programs with strategic importance and major brand visibility, spanning tradeshows, special customer events and/or consumer activations
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in marketing, communications or business is preferred. Advanced degree may be considered in lieu of experience for individuals with more education than work experience.
- Minimum four years of work related experience is required. Consumer Brand or Product Marketing experience or similar marketing project management experience is preferred.