The Associate Art Director will report to and work closely with the Associate Creative Director to lead and produce engaging creative products for internal and external clients. This position will be expected to handle multiple concurrent projects to ensure timely delivery of creative products, which may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Big idea campaigns for national brand clients
• Creative advertising pitches to prospective national brand clients
• Consumer brand logos
• Corporate collateral
• Illustrative posters
• Event materials
• Annual reports
• Digital advertising (both static images and animated HTML5 ads)
• Assets for social media, web pages, apps, games, and other user experience-based deliverables
• Web page mockups for internal and external clients
• On-screen assets, graphics, and artwork
The Associate Art Director shall provide design and conceptual guidance for the other team members. This position will be expected to switch between leading projects and being hands-on to ensure timely delivery of all deliverables.
The Associate Art Director shall enforce best practices and share information with the team regularly. This position will also work with the Associate Creative Director to refine processes and recommend improvements to project workflows.
This position will be required to coordinate project quotes and vendor cost analysis.
The Associate Art Director will work with internal teams to ensure collaboration and maintain a high level of customer focus.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Create a variety of strong original conceptual work and confidently present work to the team and/or clients.
• Manage multiple concurrent projects within a team environment to produce high-quality design executions for NCM’s national, regional, and internal clients.
• Plan projects from beginning to end to ensure delivery milestones are hit.
• Create processes and procedures to streamline the production of a high volume of deliverables.
• Facilitate professional development for other members in the design group to ensure that the team continues to grow and perform at a high level.
• Provide additional creative and technical support where required with other projects and tasks to be determined.
Knowledge of/Skilled in/Ability to:
• Self-driven and motivated leader with a contemporary design sense.
• Attention to detail with the ability to take a project from concept to completion.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Excellent communication, written, grammar, and spelling skills.
• Exceptional skills with proofreading and checking for consistency.
• Ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment and to handle and prioritize multiple projects.
• Must be proficient using the following software:
o Adobe InDesign
o Adobe Illustrator
o Adobe Photoshop
o Microsoft PowerPoint
o Microsoft Word
• Should be knowledgeable of web/digital technologies, including HTML5 and digital advertising.
• Should be ready to learn the following software:
o Adobe Animate/Flash
o Online presentation software
• Masterful understanding of paragraph and character styling, master pages, templates, and other design efficiencies.
• Strong sense of urgency in accomplishing goals.
• Provide either online digital portfolio link or digital portfolio for review, including samples of your creative process.
• In your cover letter, please include the title of your favorite movie.
Experience and Training:
Any combination of the following experience and training (designated as required and/or preferred) that would provide the required knowledge and abilities in qualifying.
Experience: 8-10 years of increasingly responsible and related experience in field.
Education: College degree in a related field, or equivalent experience.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting for prolonged periods of time, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To request an accommodation, please contact People & Organization at (303) 792-8899 or email: P&O@ncm.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)