The Associate Director of Marketing reports to the Vice President of Marketing & Business Development in the Marketing department. This position under general direction is responsible for the development, implementation, management and analysis of advertising and marketing projects that drive organizational priorities and goals; consult with staff and leadership to assess needs and development plans.
- Responsible for assisting VP, Marketing & Business Development in oversight and management of advertising campaigns and marketing programs for both leisure and convention marketing.
- Lead program analysis projects including all campaigns using advanced data modeling practices and techniques that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Interpret and report these opportunities to stakeholders in leadership, sales and marketing teams.
- Direct oversight of interactive, content management and social media operations.
- Responsible for the implementation of advertising programs, with a special emphasis on digital vehicles and social media (including advertising effectiveness programs and management of display, email, native, sponsored content, PPC, paid social and pre-roll video campaigns).
- Assist with the management of VISIT DENVER local marketing programs, primarily Denver Restaurant Week and Denver Beer Week.
- Assist in supporting the Convention Sales and Services department and Denver Sports with various marketing needs as directed.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with internal and external customers, agencies, vendors and community partners to facilitate advertising, program activities and deliverables. Develop and maintain strong working relations within the organization; ensure customers are provided professional, courteous and timely support and service.
- Proactively work with internal & external customers to achieve clear understanding of needs, requirements, expectations, issues and priorities.
- Track projects against associated schedule, budget and objectives, reporting status to relevant parties in an effective and timely manner.
- Prepare and distribute various weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual internal and external reports within established deadlines as directed.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- This position has supervisory duties over the Digital Marketing Manager, Content Manager and Social Media Manager positions.
- Hire and orient all new employees. Create the job qualifications for the position, interview all qualified applicants referred by HR and select appropriate individual based upon the applicant’s ability to satisfy the position qualifications.
- Instruct and train all employees on the specific responsibilities of their position. Establish on-the-job training activities on the procedures and techniques of the position to allow the employees to become proficient as quickly as possible.
- Establish objectives, coach and counsel direct employees. Assign work to direct employees and develop time schedules that assure timely completion of work. Coordinate all departmental activities and communicate relevant work activities.
- Review performance of all direct employees consistent with the company’s Performance Management Program.
- Counsel and discipline all employees who have performance or disciplinary problems with guidance from HR.
Four-year degree in a relevant field of study. Relevant field of study includes New Media, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing and/or Hospitality.
5 to 8 years RECENT marketing experience in the areas of program management within a marketing and/or agency setting required with a particular expertise in digital marketing and marketing analytics. Knowledge of tourism, travel or related industry experiences a plus.
- Broad functional knowledge and proficiency of technical and operational aspects for all phases of advertising, marketing and project management, with emphasis on developing and maintaining project calendars and executing against them
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency of interactive communications vehicles including digital advertising, search marketing, social media strategy and mobile technologies
- Manage work outcomes and results
- Assume responsibility for work outcomes and results of other individuals and/or vendors.
- Proficient technology application skills:
- Advanced MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access)
- Intermediate to advanced internet technologies which includes, but is not limited to, web browsing and search marketing
- Google Analytics proficiency
- CRM and CMS understanding
- Clear understanding of analysis and proven analytical ability to track multiple marketing initiatives, analyze results, and recommend changes.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with all internal employee levels and various vendors/clients.
- Proven problem analysis and resolution at both a strategic and functional level with exceptional analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/responsibilities simultaneously while meeting stringent deadlines
- Efficient and proven organizational skills; proactive & detail oriented
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment and be capable of communicating in a professional manner with a diverse range of individuals.
- Maintain professional presence
- Excellent command of the English language, oral and written
- Reliable, dependable, flexible and responsive; willingness to do what it takes to meet a timeline
- Must be able to sit for extended period of time
- Must be able to bend, stoop and reach
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis