The Associate Program Officer will develop and maintain relationships with assigned nonprofit organizations applying to the Foundation for funding. Working closely with the program team, the Associate Program Officer will complete all aspects of the grant review process. The Associate Program Officer is expected to contribute to programmatic ideas and actively participate in all aspects of the Foundation’s work. This position reports to the Director of Programs.
Under the supervision of the Director of Programs and with assistance from the Program Officers:
- Reviews and analyzes assigned grant applications, conducts site visits, and composes evaluations, including recommendations.
- Works with individual grantees to identify, implement, and prioritize appropriate quality improvement efforts and evaluation.
- Builds and maintains active, positive relationships with grantseekers and grant recipients.
- Represents the Buell Foundation in its interactions with philanthropic colleagues, nonprofit organizations, public officials, and the general public at various activities and meetings.
- Acquires and maintains a breadth of knowledge relative to the primary focus area of the Foundation (currently early childhood development).
- Undertakes special projects as assigned.