Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bilingual skills in English and Spanish required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in human services, social work, psychology, counseling, sociology or related field/experience.
- Have an understanding of the issues surrounding sexual assault.
- Must have flexible schedule and able to be on call for at least one night a week and weekends on a rotating basis.
- Organizational Skills-time management skills, problem solving skills, ability to initiate and execute work responsibilities independently.
- Have excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to offer emotional support and crisis management for victims of sexual assault
- Extensive knowledge of medical, psychological, educational, social services, legal and other community resources, ability to collaborate with other victim service providers.
- Understanding of cultural influences on behavior in multicultural communities. Must be open to working with diverse communities.
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system as it relates to sexual assault and sexual abuse victims.
- Work collaboratively in a team setting.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with victims at the hospital to provide advocacy, emotional support, and to inform them of The Blue Bench’s and other community services.
- Conduct comprehensive client needs assessments to collect functional (financial, employment, educational, physical & mental health) information as appropriate to create an effective case management plan.
- Follow the Sexual Assault Response Team protocols in numerous Judicial Districts.
- Accompany victims to the police department to file a sexual assault report.
- Accompany victims to court regarding the criminal case or civil protection orders
- Assist clients in applying for Victim Compensation or other needed assistance
- Provide victims with resources and referrals.
- Experience at serving clients from underserved populations necessary
- Possess an awareness and sensitivity to cross-cultural issues, barriers and differences in working with Latino/Latina community
- Collaborate with hotline volunteers to provide direct and/or emergency services for clients.
- Participate in hotline volunteer trainings.
- Participate in weekly supervision with the Director of Client Services.
- Enter into database client services contacts and activities completed on a regular basis.
- Attend various communities meeting as appropriate or requested.
- Collaborate with other agencies to provide training or informational presentations.
- Attend other community events, activities etc. as appropriate or requested.
- Build relationships with under-represented populations in the community and facilitate access to The Blue Bench services.
Participation as a Staff Member of The Blue Bench
- Attend staff meetings and other organization events and activities.
- Attend client services staff meetings.
- Deliver canvass briefings and hotline volunteer trainings as appropriate or requested.
- Represent The Blue Bench services and partnerships in the community.
- Participate as a team member with a strong commitment to The Blue Bench's mission.
- Assist in other tasks as needed.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirement to email@example.com. Resumes received by August 2nd, 2019 will be given first consideration.