Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Does shaping a brand and leading a quickly evolving industry drive you? Are you passionate about using communications to help tell a brand’s story and reach consumers in new ways?
We are seeking a communications professional to join DISH and Sling TV’s Brand Communications, Market-Facing team. A Brand Communications Lead will support both brands in the development and execution of integrated communications strategies that engage media and drive subscriber acquisition. The ideal candidate is an efficient task manager skilled in program execution, has consumer media relationships across lifestyle, tech, business, and a proven ability to lead cross-functional teams.
Strategic Thinking and Business Acumen
- Develop brand communications plans aligned with needs of the business; understand and simplify complex ideas / technical issues and make them relatable to a consumer audience; lead proactive media relations; contribute to strategic planning initiatives.
- Partner with marketing, programming, product and operations teams to develop compelling stories and activations that amplify DISH / Sling TV’s leadership position; serve as corporate communications subject matter expert on satellite, streaming and competitive services, as well as public relations best practices for integrated campaigns, measurement, trends and media opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally to build communications strategies that engage customers and partners, drive brand affinity and support subscriber growth; serve as trusted communications advisor to the company; provide constructive feedback to executives; staff interviews and presentations.
- Create PR materials including fact sheets, media pitches, FAQs, executive bios, press releases, blog posts and measurement reports; engage on crisis communications topics.
- Secure national, local and trade earned media placements; actively pitch, conduct proactive follow-up, and track and report results.
- Oversee agency resources; model a collaborative and team-oriented approach; work cross-functionally throughout the business.
Skills – Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications, marketing or similar applicable field. A minimum of 4-5 years of professional PR / communications experience.
- Solid grasp of AP style and ability to draft all media materials based on these guidelines.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including strong media relations skills; experience writing news releases, blog posts, pitches, speeches and other written materials; experience in creating and drafting engaging social media content.
- Experience in consumer PR; demonstrated ability to use creative thinking to develop PR opportunities, media stories and social media content; experience using integrated social media tactics to supplement PR activities is a plus.
- Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills; ability to communicate recommendations and present new ideas to management.
Strict attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines; solid organizational and project management skills; ability to adapt to changing priorities and manage projects autonomously.