At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Wholesale Control (WC) organization serves as the front line risk management organization within the Wholesale Banking Group of Wells Fargo supporting the Wholesale businesses with risk strategy, implementation, and execution. The Wholesale Control team is accountable to assess and effectively manage risks across all risk types and Wholesale businesses delivering an integrated view of risks, producing a sustainable control environment, and instilling a culture of strong risk management. The team is responsible to identify and assess risks, design and implement controls, and execute and monitor the controls to ensure they are working effectively to manage risk across Wholesale. Wholesale Control interfaces with Independent Risk Management and Audit to drive comprehensive and consistent implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across Wholesale
This position is part of the Chief Operating Office (COO) Communications Team within the Wholesale Control organization.
The Wholesale Control COO Team is a newly-formed team comprised of a number of support functions, including but not limited to business management, business communications, data analytics, governance, process risk, regulatory relations, and strategy. The COO team serves as the executive arm of the Control organization and is responsible for supporting high priorities and initiatives across Wholesale Control. Leaders on the COO team engage with experienced leaders and team members across the WHSL Control organization, as well as the Wholesale Banking Group and Enterprise, to support common goals and objectives.
You'll have the opportunity to:
- Develop and manage the communication strategy and plan for the Wholesale Control organization in partnership with the Corporate Communications function.
- Consult with and advise Wholesale Control leaders on how best to interpret, translate, and apply Wholesale Control strategy and messaging to all levels via business-wide or external communications.
- Develop creative strategies and maintains communication channels which support strategic objectives.
- Establish routine messaging protocols for internal business functions such as, but not limited to, processes, procedures, protocols, newsletters, announcements, and leadership and organizational updates at the Wholesale Control team level.
- Sets direction for communication design and content to enhance understanding and image of Wholesale Control.
- Lead Communications Team in the sequencing of internal messaging for increased understanding and delivery of the right tone.
- Ensure Wholesale Control communications are in alignment with Wells Fargo Brand Standards.
- Manage a Communications Team, responsible for designing and developing communications.
Open to other Area 2 or Area 3 locations
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 10+ years of communications experience
- 4+ years of management experience
- Experience writing and editing internal communications, including corporate and executive level communications
- Experience writing and editing external communications, including corporate and executive level communications
- Experience writing, editing, coordinating, and publishing documentation
- BS/BA or higher in English, journalism, professional writing, creative writing, education, or communications
- Experience in public relations or strategic communications
- SharePoint experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
Other Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated relationship building skills in order to work effectively across all organizational and leadership levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are a must
- Ethical integrity and demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and apply prudent risk mitigation principles
- Highly organized with the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and trusting relationships in a diverse and fast-paced environment
- Ability to support, motivate and lead a team of professionals with vision and enthusiasm.
- Ability to take complex information and interpret, translate, and apply it to the Wholesale Control strategy to ensure understanding at all levels
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $101,500 Mid: $145,000
CO-Denver: Min: $101,500 Mid: $145,000
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: Min: $101,500 Mid: $145,000
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St – Minneapolis, MN
CO-Denver: 1700 Lincoln St – Denver, CO
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St – Phoenix, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.