Salary Range: $40,934.40 – $51,080
***We will be conducting interviews while the position is posted. We could find a candidate before the position closes. Please submit your application early***
Provides administrative support for the City Manager's Office and to the Mayor and City Council. Handles reception duties and answers phone inquiries. Assists in the preparation of various documents and maintains the department's filing system acting as CMO liaison to the Records Retention Committee. Performs other duties as required by the Executive Assistant to the City Manager and members of the City Manager's Office and other staff.
- Acts as backup to Executive Assistant to City Manager.
- Acts as receptionist and answers, responds to and screens all incoming phone calls, directing callers to appropriate staff or agency.
- Assists with the preparation and scheduling of meetings by producing correspondence, coordinating rooms, obtaining refreshments, arranging for sound systems etc., occasionally acting as hostess and may be involved with follow up minutes and note taking.
- Greets visitors to City Hall; directs them to proper departments and answers questions.
- Assists in coordinating work assignment with the Executive Assistant position.
- Performs accounts payable functions for the City Manager's Office and Mayor and City Council.
- Assists the City Manager's Office and Mayor and City Council with administrative needs.
- Must be able to interact with others in a positive manner.
- Requires regular and prompt attendance.
- Proficient in producing Word documents and merging functions.
- Proficient in producing Excel spreadsheets.
- Edits and proofreads documents leaving the Mayor's and City Manager's Office.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Three years of administrative experience that includes working with Excel spreadsheets and creating documents in Word.
Extensive experience with word processing and spreadsheet applications and general proficiency in all Microsoft Office products.
Proofreading skills and meticulous attention to detail.
Experience coordinating meetings and gatherings of various sizes.
Experience working with multiple incoming phone lines.
Ability to obtain Notary designation and adhere to requirements.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to keyboard at 50 wpm is preferred.
Ability to handle numerous interruptions, shifting priorities and tight deadlines.
Ability to work with people who may be frustrated, angry or upset.
Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to work as a team player as well as independently.
Ability to interact effectively with a variety of people at all levels of the City as well as with many external customers.
Ability to maintain confidentiality while working with sensitive issues.
Must demonstrate critical thinking skills and ownership of assigned projects, following up with other team members until the project is complete.