Lead Finance, Human Resources (HR) and Information Technology (IT) functions for Volunteers of America Colorado (VOAC). Member of Executive Management Team (EMT). Lead BOD audit and finance committee. Direct finance, treasury, accounting, investment, 403b, pension, regulatory reporting, risk management, donation processing, internal control and all internal and external financial policies. Direct IT strategic architecture policy including hardware, software, cyber-security, data, and telecom systems and the implementation, maintenance, repair and replacement thereof. Direct hiring, firing, employee policies, benefits, compensation, onboarding, off boarding, and managing employee performance. Lead special and strategic projects as requested by the CEO and the board.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Works with the CEO, the EMT and Division Directors to establish and accomplish the goals and objectives of the strategic plan.
• Supervises the collection, preparation and transmission of VOAC’s, and its related entities, financial statements and fiscal reports (including 990s and A133) to ensure timely submission to all regulatory agencies and funding organizations. Responsible for the agency’s budget process, annual audit process, consolidation of VOAC’s financials and reporting to VOA, Inc. (National Office).
Reviews monthly and year-to-date financial variances with Vice Presidents and Division Directors. Oversite and compliance of multiple federal, state and local municipal grants.
• Responsible for all IT functions including technology, telecom and software architecture design, selection, implementation and maintenance. Duties include maintenance of IT infrastructure, IT security, data base and data management.
• Responsible for all HR functions including oversight and implementation of hiring, firing, compensation, benefits, professional development and training policies.
• Supervises the implementation and maintenance of VOAC’s personnel and operating policies and procedures, accounting policies and procedures and IT manual. Develops and maintains policies, systems and procedures for sound agency fiscal operations.
• In conjunction with the CEO, implements agency investment strategies as developed by the VOAC Boards for maximum return on agency financial resources.
• Supports the Vice President of Affordable Housing and oversees the monthly financial reports and annual audits of all housing facilities that VOAC manages for VOA National Housing and Brunetti Lofts.
• Serves as a member of the Executive Leadership Team, participates and presents at both VOAC boards and Children’s Program Committee and leads the Audit and Finance Committee.
• Provides financial training to agency-wide program staff and monitors operations to ensure that procedures are correctly followed within the required time frame.
• Selects, coaches, trains, supervises and evaluates department staff.
• Lead special and strategic projects as requested by the CEO and the board. Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Inspires and motivates others, Results-driven, Powerful Communicator, Financial and Project Management, Collaboration
• Models and pursues with vigor core culture attributes of VOAC that include “AIRS” (Accountability, Integrity, Respect and
• Models and pursues with vigor VOAC’s three strategical critical virtues of HHS (Hungry, Humble, People Smart).
The jobs that report directly to the CFO include the Director of IT, the Director of HR, the Director of Accounting and several other accounting functions. Mentor and develop staff using a supportive, collaborative (coaching), empowering yet accountable approach on a consistent basis. Responsibility includes developing team unity and the competencies noted above (especially AIRS and HHS) in team members and coach direct reports in doing the same.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• A minimum of a Masters (or equivalent via experience and responsibility) in finance or accounting;
• A minimum of twelve years of experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles in an organization with a budget of at least $20 million or greater.
• A minimum of six years of experience in Human Resources and IT, preferably in leadership roles.
• A minimum of six years general experience in all or most of the following: insurance, marketing, social media, donation processing, advancement/donor development, contracts, legal, case management and document management
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• CPA, CMA, MBA preferred
• Significant non-profit experience preferred
• Significant federal, state and local governmental contract management and funding preferred
• Financial, HR or IT certifications
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Leadership, Management, Communications, People skills
• Financial Analytics and Management
• Board Governance
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
There will be some work-related travel as VOAC has offices throughout the state of Colorado and a National organization based in Washington D.C.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This position is a full-time position expected to be a minimum of 40 hours a week from Monday-Friday with occasional weekend requirements (holiday events, etc.)
Salary: Commensurate with experience, expertise, proficiency and market bench marking.