The Vice President of Administration and Chief Financial Officer provides strategic leadership and oversight for the Finance, Human Resources (HR) and Information Technology (IT) functions for Volunteers of America Colorado (VOAC). This position is accountable for developing a team that will distinguish itself by fulfilling the mission of VOAC in the delivery of identifying and serving the basic needs of the most vulnerable individuals and families within the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Works with the CEO, the Executive Management Team (EMT) and Division Directors to establish and accomplish the goals and objectives of the organization’s strategic plan
• Serves as a member of the Executive Management Team (EMT)
• Participates and presents at both VOAC Board of Directors (BOD) meetings and Children’s Program Committee and leads the Audit and Finance Committee
• Selects, coaches, trains, supervises and evaluates direct reports as well as overall department staff
• Lead special and strategic projects as requested by the CEO and the Board of Directors
• Performs all other duties as assigned
Finance & Accounting:
• Leads and oversees the overall fiscal operations for the organization including: treasury, accounting, investment, 403b, pension, regulatory reporting, risk management, donation processing, internal control and all internal and external financial policies.
• Oversees the collection, preparation and transmission of VOAC’s, and its related entities, financial statements and fiscal reports (including 990s and A133) to ensure timely submission to all regulatory agencies and funding organizations.
• Directs the budget process, annual audit process, consolidation of VOAC’s financials and reporting to VOA, Inc. (National Office). Reviews monthly and year-to-date financial variances. Oversees compliance of multiple federal, state and local municipal grants.
• Supports Affordable Housing and oversees the monthly financial reports and annual audits of all housing facilities.
• Provides financial training to agency-wide program staff and monitors operations to ensure that procedures are correctly followed.
• In conjunction with the CEO, implements agency investment strategies as developed by the VOAC Board for maximum return on agency financial resources.
• Leads and oversees the overall Information Technology function including: strategic architecture policy including hardware, software, cyber-security, data and data management, and telecom systems and the implementation, maintenance, repair and replacement.
• Leads and oversees the overall Human Resources function including: an employee’s entire work-cycle from talent acquisition, talent management and total rewards
• Inspires and motivates others, Results-driven, Powerful Communicator, Financial and Project Management, Collaboration
• Models and pursues with vigor core culture attributes of VOAC that include “AIRS” (Accountability, Integrity, Respect and Service)
• Models and pursues with vigor VOAC’s three strategical critical virtues of HHS (Hungry, Humble, People Smart)
• The jobs that report directly to this position include:
o Director of IT
o Director of HR
o Director of Accounting
• Mentors and develops staff using a supportive, collaborative (coaching), empowering yet accountable approach on a consistent basis. Responsibility includes developing team unity and the competencies noted above (especially AIRS and HHS) in team members and coach direct reports in doing the same
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
• 10 years of experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles in an organization with a budget of at least $20 million or greater
• Five years of experience in Human Resources and IT; preferably in leadership roles.
• Five years general experience in all or most of the following: insurance, risk management, marketing, social media, donation processing, advancement/donor development, contracts, legal, case management and document management
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Master’s degree
• Significant non-profit experience preferred
• Significant federal, state and local governmental contract management and funding
• Financial, HR or IT certifications
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Leadership, Management, Communications, People skills
• Financial Analytics and Management
• Board Governance
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• There will be some work-related travel as VOAC has offices throughout the state of Colorado and a National organization based in Washington D.C.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
• This position is a full-time position expected to be a minimum of 40 hours a week from Monday-Friday with occasional weekend requirements (e.g., holiday events)
• 2660 Larimer Street; Denver, CO 80205
Salary: Commensurate with experience, expertise, proficiency and market bench marking.
Benefit eligibility is based on job type/status
Paid Time Off
Pension and 403b Retirement Plan
Health, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurances
Life Insurance (Including Accidental Death & Dismemberment)
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Discount Program