Rose Medical Center has been named among the Best Regional Hospitals (#4) in both Colorado and the Denver metro area for 2018-19 by U.S. News & World Report’s annual hospital ranking. The report also gives Rose a high-performance rating in Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Geriatrics, Orthopedics, Pulmonology and Urology.
“The entire Rose team is committed to the health and well-being of every patient, and this accolade reflects that commitment,” said Ryan Tobin, president and CEO of Rose Medical Center. “It is an honor that our efforts and dedication have been recognized again by U.S. News & World Report in achieving Best Hospital recognition.”
The annual Best Hospital rankings from U.S. News & World Report serve as a tool to help patients decide where to receive care. The report evaluates data from nearly 5,000 hospitals, with a focus on 16 adult specialties, nine adult procedures and conditions and 10 pediatric specialties. Ratings for procedures and conditions focus on typical Medicare patients. Hospitals that do well in multiple areas of adult care, such as Rose Medical Center, may be ranked regionally in their state or metropolitan area.
Rose Medical Center Rankings (2018-19):
- Regionally Ranked as a Best Hospital – #4
- Denver metro area
- Rated High Performing Hospital – Adult Specialties
- Geriatrics, Orthopedics, Pulmonology, Urology
- Rated High Performing Hospital – Adult Procedures/Conditions
- Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement
The Facility Chief Medical Officer leads clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the hospital; facilitates the analysis of quality performance and prioritization improvement opportunities; provides senior level leadership to the infection control, risk management, safety, and medical staff credentialing functions ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes; and consults on an array of issues involving physicians.
- Promotes Physician Alignment between HCA-Affiliated Physicians and HCA Hospital and Corporate Leadership by:
- Leading clinical performance expectations that support the goals of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the facility to ensure superior clinical outcomes and unparalleled patient experience.
- Working with Hospital Chief Medical Officers, Chief Executive Officers, Medical Staffs, and Boards of Directors, to improve the functionality and effectiveness of the hospital medical staff organization
- Partnering and collaborating with medical staffs and hospital management teams, facilitating teamwork and shared goals. Representing medical staff viewpoints to management and relaying management viewpoints to medical staff by establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between HCA leadership and community and/or employed physicians.
- Provides clinical support and consultation regarding cost effective clinical resource management in the facilities by sharing of reports and recommendations regarding how to reduce the variable cost per case while maintaining and enhancing clinical effectiveness.
- Creating an environment of quality and cost improvement that is data driven and develops systems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Serving as a direct liaison between HCA affiliated physicians and facility, and corporate clinical services functions.
- Establishing and maintaining an ongoing program to orient and develop management expertise for Hospital Chiefs of Staff, Medical Executive Committees, and other medical staff leaders by providing oversight and leadership for all medical education programs.
- Leading educational sessions and providing ongoing in service to facility medical staff regarding clinical resource management, appropriate documents standards, utilization and quality issues, and quality improvement activities in collaboration with the chief of staff or other clinical leadership in the facility.
- Assembling regional physician advisory panels to provide ongoing feedback to HCA senior management and serves as a liaison between these committees and facility, and corporate leadership as well as to the affiliated physicians.
- Serving as spokesperson to HCA hospitals and affiliated physicians to explain and obtain buy in for, corporate, group, and facility, sponsored clinical initiatives.
- Collaborating on a day to day basis with other facility and corporate Chief Medical Officers.
- Educating physicians on HCA clinical technologies.
- Collaborating with HPG and Supply Chain on formulary and supply opportunities.
Education & Experience:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Required
- Master's degree in business or related field, Preferred
- 10+ years of experience in clinical practice, Preferred
- Experience as a CMO (or equivalent) in a large, complex hospital or regional health system, Required
- Additional education and coursework in management and business, Preferred
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Board Certified Physician, Required
- State medical board licensed, Required