The Communications & Public Relations Specialist supports system wide communications and public relations deliverables for project and initiatives in support of system or regional strategies.
1. Assists with an innovative internal communications strategic plan by contributing to an annual system wide editorial calendar that ensures messages of relevance and impact are shared with internal stakeholders throughout the health system and by driving adoption of communications tools.
2. Seeks to maximize internal communications content and leverage that content when appropriate for other communications channels. Executes internal newsletter and contributes to building and maintaining the system editorial calendar with a strategic content mix in partnership with the Communications team. Develops well-timed communication plans and engaging written and/or digital content for the internal newsletter and external news page.
3. Coordinates system projects and events. Drives awareness of strategic imperatives and community efforts, organizational culture and associate engagement within communications
4. Serves as a resource for care sites, system department communications, senior management, and clinical and operation leaders for communications and marketing.
5. Drafts organizational press releases, news stories and other content including, but not limited to bios, feature stories, system profiles and media kits. Proactively pitches to media and assists with media requests. Updates media contact lists as needed. Manages, monitors and maintains content on SCL Health News. Creates original content for the news page that demonstrates our innovation, culture and mission.
6. Proofreads and edits all communications materials produced. Coordinates reviews of materials and approvals. Follows appropriate branding and editorial style guidelines, ensures accuracy and adheres to deadlines.
Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
Three (3) years of journalism, communications, public relations and/or related work experience.