Communications and Development Coordinator
The Communications and Development Coordinator is a versatile member of the Amp the Cause team. Every event we produce is aimed at creating awareness and support for nonprofits in the community – particularly those that improve the lives of children and families.
The Communications and Development Coordinator will contribute in multiple ways as a cross-functional team member for the event and development associates with tasks including but not limited to managing all social media and communications platforms, assisting with events, creating marketing collateral and meeting all marketing deadlines, cultivating new donors, third party events, and special projects as directed by the VP of Development, Executive Director, and President.
We are a small, highly collaborative team. Each person works towards a common goal of impacting the Denver community in an immeasurable way.
- Interested in nonprofit work and passionate about making a difference in the community
- Willing to help the team on any/every level
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Composed and professional even during high stress times
- Flexible with schedule during event time with the ability to work evenings and weekends if needed
- Must be present at all events
- Fun and positive attitude
- Manage all social media and communication platforms
- Lead all communication initiatives, including community relations and outreach campaigns
- Produce all marketing collateral and keep to a strict marketing timeline
- Communicate with beneficiaries, committee members, volunteers, vendors, etc. as needed
- Organize third party events
- Conduct project site visits throughout Metro Denver – involves driving to/from site locations
- Work with VP of Development to track and thank sponsors, donors, and in-kind donations
- Occasionally lift and move materials as it relates to event prep
- Cultivate new donors up to 5k
- General administrative office tasks
- Event management experience
- Proficiency in all social media platforms, as well as, Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, Eventbrite, and large databases
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Illustrator
- Ability to set goals and prioritize in a deadline oriented and fast paced environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under high-pressure situations
- BA/BS or Associates Degree accepted.