- Website: Manage all content and graphics, build pages and menus for CBSA site and all micro-sites (CMS Adobe Business Catalyst), manage vendor and tech support issues
- Annual Magazine: Leads the full development of CBSA’s annual Bioscience Colorado magazine including magazine theme, article development, authors for articles, contract design agency, ad sales, full production and budget. Responsible for $60K+ annually in print advertising revenue
- Press releases: Oversee development of all press releases, work with contract PR to develop and finalize press releases, manage media inquiries and requests, and lead social media engagement
- Newsletters: Write and create content, layout and design of all weekly, monthly and quarterly CBSA and Institute e-newsletters (Constant Contact), solicit newsletter sponsorships
- Presentations: prepare presentations for association leadership, board and membership engagement, as needed
- Collateral: Write, edit, layout- membership packet, annual benefits report, membership renewal campaign, policy reports
- Event/Programs: create all print, web, email, surveys and display materials (Adobe Suite) for
- Annual Conference
- Annual Awards Dinner
- All member meeting
- Design/layout other marketing materials and trade show displays as needed
- Provide flawless press-ready final files to printers, approve printer proofs, perform press checks when necessary
- Manage volunteer committee and work with committee chair to plan meetings and reports
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: This is a position requiring a solid background in communications/marketing strategy and implementation, with strong written and oral communication, graphic design, and website management to successfully implement position requirements. Additionally, a background and successful track record with relationship development, community outreach and excellent team engagement is highly valuable.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience in communications/marketing.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Appreciate the dynamics of a small, fast paced and team focused office
- Manage competing demands and/or unexpected events; ability to multi-task
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated thoroughness and accuracy
- Proficient in website management tools and graphic design software
- Write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar
- Maintain communication with VP and President & CEO on all projects and duties
- Maintain confidentiality
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills with strong customer focus
- Ability to work comfortably with management, staff and stakeholders
Minimum Requirements – Education/Experience:
Bachelor’s degree with three to five years related experience and/or training (five years preferred).
- Hours are generally M-F 8:00 – 5:00, with flexibility to work early or late hours for events
- Travel and daily parking reimbursement available
Commensurate with experience: Base Range $50-55k.