Summary: In this newly created role, the Multimedia Specialist will be responsible for coordinating and fulfilling LiveWell Colorado’s social media, photo and video content, multimedia presentations, writing/content development, and web platforms to support fundraising, programming, brand advancement, learning, and development. The position offers an exciting professional opportunity to work in an energizing environment in an organization seen as a national model for working with community and statewide partners to advance access to healthy food and opportunities for physical activity. LiveWell Colorado focuses on policy, environmental, and lifestyle changes that remove barriers and increase access to healthy food and physical activity, particularly for Coloradans from low-income communities and communities of color.
Areas of Responsibility
• Manage social media plan and calendar and populate LiveWell’s sites including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Assist Communications Manager with website content development and maintenance
• Develop and produce new concepts for video segments that will enhance the
LiveWell brand; facilitate all aspects of the video production cycle from pre-production planning through post-production editing
• Writing and content development for online and print platforms
• Graphic design of small projects in concordance with style guidelines
• Organizational photography including headshots, events, and program coverage; coordination of photo shoots in collaboration with internal and external partners; creation and maintenance of organizational photo and video assets
• Create and compile multi-media presentations per staff needs, in accordance with LiveWell style standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Graphic Arts, or equivalent professional and life experience
- Proficiency and two years experience in video/audio production including knowledge of film-making and digital photography technology and equipment; experience scheduling shooting dates and sourcing resources and locations for film and photography
- Excellent written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability for editing and assembling video in a creative and interesting manner, utilizing interviews, b-roll, photography, music, graphics, and both audio and visual effects, ensuring technical quality of end product,..
- (continued)…as well as maintaining maintaining media management and archiving duties
- Proven skills and familiarity with relevant software applications (Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, InDesign, Acrobat, Macromedia Flash, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Initiative and ability to investigate requirements and expectations of the requester in order to conceptualize, plan, shoot, design or edit various multimedia formats, and suggest ideas for improvement and discussion
- Collaborative and team-focused, cooperative, gains trust, responsive on status, change in direction, and shows openness to others views and feedback
- Applies creative abilities to develop story ideas that align with brand messaging, produce storyboards, make recommendations and deliver concepts to achieve expected goals
- Manages time and priorities efficiently to accomplish project plans and deadlines; self-directed and action oriented
- Works collaboratively with internal and external team members to accomplish larger productions
- Works and leads with integrity and professionalism; demonstrates LiveWell’s values, is a positive influence, questions status quo and embraces change
- Passionate about multimedia advancements; up to date with technological developments
- Appreciation, skills and sensitivity for diverse populations, cultures, perspectives, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Experience with photography preferred
- Spanish proficiency a plus
How To Apply
About LiveWell Colorado:
LiveWell Colorado is a statewide nonprofit organization committed to preventing and reducing the barriers to healthy eating and active living in Colorado. With the goal of eliminating health disparities and advancing health equity, LiveWell Colorado focuses its efforts on policy, environmental and lifestyle changes that remove barriers and increase access to healthy behaviors. Working in partnership with obesity-prevention initiatives across the state, LiveWell Colorado aims to provide every Coloradan with access to healthy foods and opportunities for physical activity to make Colorado the healthiest state in the nation.
LiveWell Colorado is committed to recruiting and supporting diverse perspectives. We aim to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication, and understanding. LiveWell Colorado is dedicated to equal employment opportunities and prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by state or local law.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter by February 28th, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title and how you learned about the position in the subject line.
No phone calls please.