- Development of the agency’s quarterly print and regular e-newsletter, The BRI Blueprint.
- Development and maintenance of BRI Web site.
- Agency promotion via social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other outlets.
- Direction/Development of all agency collateral materials, including brochures, fliers, direct mail and other promotional vehicles.
- Development of BRI’s Annual Report.
- The development of a strategic PR/Media relations plans for agency and all of its programs, including Administration; Affordable Housing & Property Management; Housing Counseling; The Colorado Foreclosure Hotline; Home Maintenance and Repair.
- The development, distribution and strategic placement of news releases, ghost written articles/guest columns by agency executives and Board of Directors.
- When appropriate, serve as spokesperson for the agency with local media outlets.
- Solicitation/development of media partnerships for annual events, including The Annual Paint-A-Thon, Local Social Fundraiser and upcoming 50th Anniversary event.
- With BRI’s President, work to create and maintain positive and proactive relations with local, state and federal officials.
- Make presentations to potentials donors, agency stakeholders, neighborhood groups, elected and other officials.
- Tactically leverage media relations to deliver value to donors and program sponsors.
- Support work of grants managers and assist in all fundraising activities, including the staging of events. Working with BRI president, oversee planning and implementation of campaigns to raise program-specific operating funds.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Requires responsible public relations and office work while using mature and logical judgment. Work is accomplished under minimal supervision, with individual responsibility for accuracy, timeliness and completeness.
QUALIFICATIONS: The incumbent of this position must have STRONG, proven writing and verbal communications skills. Must demonstrate success in creating collaterals and working with media. Incumbent must be able to work cooperatively with a variety of audience, from clients to funders to elected officials. Must demonstrate professional flexibility in a fast-changing and team-oriented work environment.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: BA in journalism, marketing, communications or public relations required, along with a minimum of two years experience in public/media relations or public affairs. Education can be substituted by experience which may have been gained in administrative or other responsible work. Experience in the operation of Mircrosoft Word and other Windows-based programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This is a sedentary position with some lifting, bending, stooping and carrying of light items, such as papers, mail and files. Extended use of a computer keyboard and monitor is required.
HOURS: Generally 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday. Some evening and weekend hours for presentations and events, as necessary.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in an office setting.