It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Corporate Communications manages internal, external, and executive communications for Wells Fargo. To support its mission of solidifying Wells Fargo's reputation as one of the world's great companies, this group sets the communication strategy, shares compelling stories, provides strategic counsel, empowers team members, and strives for excellence
We are seeking a talented communications professional to help enhance the reputation and business outcomes for Wells Fargo in the company’s Midwest region, which includes: Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Wyoming. Join the Midwest regional communications team to help drive communications and social media programming that aligns with Corporate Communications’ strategic priorities that include proactive storytelling and strategic reputation management. Serving as a communications generalist, this position will support the team’s internal and external communications activities.
- Writing, editing and coordinating communications to support proactive outreach with the media including volunteer and philanthropic activities, new hire and promotion releases, media advisories, and articles for external publications.
- Help to develop and execute social media strategies and tactics for the market, including posting on social media channels.
- Support internal communications priorities including creating and posting stories to Midwest region internal website, updating and maintaining region fact sheets, posting executive advocacy events to Corporate Communications intranet site.
- Provide project support for various corporate and line of business initiatives such as annual community campaigns, key sponsorships, special events and executive town hall meetings, as well as create talking points for executives.
- Conduct media monitoring and create media activity reports.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking. To learn more, Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
- 2+ years of communications experience
- Knowledge and understanding of internal corporate communications development
- Knowledge and understanding of internet content strategy and copywriting for large, public-facing websites
- Superior project management skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and Project) skills
- SharePoint experience
- Knowledge and understanding of internet, mobile, and social media technology
- Bilingual speaking, reading, and writing proficiency in Spanish/English
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Knowledge and understanding of internet or intranet-based business systems
- Ability to communicate effectively with business partners and project managers
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Video production experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in clearly defined public relations, internal communications, media relations or corporate communications role.
- Demonstrated writing ability for varied internal and external audiences across multiple media formats.
- Understanding of communications research, trends and issues affecting Corporate Communications.
- Membership in PRSA and/or IABC preferred.
- Understanding of traditional and new media
- Collaborative work style with the ability to quickly develop strong relationships, influence others, and build consensus
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.