Responsible for providing Communications support to IT and IT-supported projects within Molson Coors.
Working under the direction of an IT Change Manager (or program / project designate), Intern will be responsible for creating content as defined by preexisting communications plans, promoting user adoption and awareness of existing tools, and fostering employee engagement across various digital platforms.
Enjoy a Career in Beer in U.S. See what’s on tap for you.
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are Talent Brewers – we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, take a look at our current job openings, and apply online. Then let us surround you with all the tools, technology and talent you need to succeed.
Diverse Talent. Unique Brew.
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.
– Create well-written, understandable and actionable communications to the global MCBC organization. This includes mediums such as: Intranet articles, social media posts, email communications, newsletters and videos.
– Execute against a communications plan effectively and on-time, per specific project requirements.
– Act as a source of innovation – identify new and imaginative ways to leverage existing communications channels (Intranet, Email, and Yammer) and also identify new channels.
– Identify topics of interest to our global audience and create content to support user adoption.
– Work with specific projects to draft messaging defined in the project communications plan.
– Develop training and video content, for both IT and global audiences.
– Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree
– Emphasis or strong interest in digital or social marketing
– Skills and Relevant Work Experience
• Demonstrates excellent communications and influencing skills – written and verbal.
• Demonstrates ability to effectively manage time, multi-task and prioritize duties.
• Possesses ability to support multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• Must be able to work effectively with multiple teams members, including consulting groups remotely.
• Proficient in the Microsoft tool suite, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
• English speaking.
– Knowledge of key global social platforms.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY