PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide marketing and communications department support for corporate communications, business development and corporate VP
- Assist Communications Manager to support strategic and corporate communications efforts including creation, review/edit & distribution of press releases, digital and social media platforms and media campaigns
- Write and develop SNC’s daily social media strategy, including writing posts, editing video and creating graphics
- Oversee video production including management of outside vendors & business partners
- Develop and update relevant procedures
- Coordinate with Security, ITAR, Contracts, Legal & the Business Areas on PR teamroom approvals
- Assist with SNC’s media management system (e.g. Meltwater) including disseminating external communications that advance SNC initiatives
- Develop media coverage reports based on SNC earned media & social media received through SNC media monitoring service
- Develop and coordinate, and at times travel for trade show & seminar events for business areas, as needed
- Execute logistics including preparation of displays, equipment and marketing media: design, edit, proofread, print, package media and equipment, ship, track, travel to/from location, coordinate team & travel
- Generates and manipulates graphic images, animations, sound, text and video into consolidated and seamless multimedia programs
- Assist with maintaining organization of the teamroom
- Coordinate and update website content, blogs, video and photo assets
- Organize and archive photos and videos
- Maintain the department’s annual Calendar of Events, in both digital and printed forms
- Support the Director of Communications and Communications Manager with SNC’s national, regional & local media relations
- Provide Administrative support to Director of Communications, including completing staff calendars & travel/expense reports & processing invoices
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
Other duties as assigned
Responsible for adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures & Compliance regulations (internal & external)
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties & responsibilities, as defined by management.
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarization's only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties & responsibilities of a position.
Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- 1-2 years previous experience in a communications/journalism related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations or related field.
- Strong writing & computer skills are a must. Event planning experience is preferred.
- Must possess the ability to multitask & meet deadlines in high-pace environment.
- Highly organized, creative, articulate and have excellent people skills.
- Prefer bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours & travel when necessary.
- Video production, editing and graphics skills preferred
- Organized, positive, solution-oriented, flexible problem-solver, team player, poised, professional and energetic. Strong people skills and able to navigate solutions with a proactive attitude, savvy in working with and collaborating with people across functions and hierarchy.
Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.