Google’s Consumer Operations team is on a mission to delight the hundreds of millions of consumers who rely on our flagship products like Gmail, Android, Chrome and Google Play. We’re an operational team that focuses on delivering excellent customer care and being there for consumers when they need us most. Our team engages consumers across the globe through our online resources and communities, social outreach, and 1:1 care. We represent the voice of the consumer and work closely with cross-functional partners across Google to make our products and policies better. We're looking for people with excellent analytical and communication skills who are passionate about the consumer and helping them get the most out of Google.
You are an outstanding content manager who excels at project management and stakeholder relationships. You understand user-focused writing and can describe complex ideas in a simple way. You excel at balancing the needs of the business and the user.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to manage customer support content based on user feedback, analytics, product requirements, and UX best practices. You will develop the content strategy for Google help centers, come up with innovative ways to educate customers, and help millions of people around the world get the most out of Google products. You will monitor feedback and analyze data to ensure our help content is optimized for our users. You will create user experiences that are educational, helpful, and delightful.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Manage content in one or more Google consumer product help centers.
- Analyze user behavior data and make content improvements based on metrics. Drive user education strategy within the help center and beyond (e.g., product tours and emails).
- Write compelling, clear help center and user education content.
- Oversee cross-functional stakeholder review and localization processes.
- Participate in user research and develop help center content based on UX best practices.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience working in technology, journalism, education, support operations, consulting or related fields.
- Experience as a project manager and relationship manager, with the ability to work independently and on multiple initiatives at the same time.
- 3 years of experience managing online help content for global audiences, such as product tutorials, user onboarding flows, or user manuals.
- Experience creating benefit-oriented, customer-focused copy for mobile-first, multi-platform products or websites.
- Basic HTML and CMS skills.
- Comfort with content analytics and impact measurement.
- A strong understanding of user experience principles, rich media, and social media.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, sound business judgment, strategic and analytical capabilities.