About Colorado State University-Global Campus:
Colorado State University-Global Campus is committed to advancing student success in a global society, investing in human capital, expanding the state economy, and enhancing the quality of life for citizens in the state of Colorado and beyond by providing access to dynamic degree programs characterized by academic excellence, innovative delivery technologies, and strong stakeholder engagement.
Colorado State University-Global Campus delivers the next generation of online education that lives up to the reputation of the Colorado State University System for quality and innovation. Offering Bachelor’s completion and Master’s programs in career relevant fields, CSU-Global Campus is designed to fit into the busy lives of working adults. The 100% online university has faculty that are national leaders in their fields of study, and are specially trained to teach adult learners in an online platform. The university offers 8-week courses, with multiple start dates every semester and a simplified enrollment process.
We are seeking a Content Marketing Specialist to join our fast growing Marketing Team. This candidate must have a good understanding of the education industry. The Content Marketing Specialist is responsible for conceptualizing, developing, and converting concepts into words for various content formats to help increase brand awareness, generate leads, and engage students at all stages of the buyer’s journey (prospective, current, and alumni) . This person must have a passion for writing, understand the importance of creative content creation, and write inspiring and valuable content to serve the needs of our target audiences.
• Generate persuasive concepts and content for inbound and outbound marketing efforts including external websites, email marketing, digital advertising, blogs, whitepapers, landing pages, newsletters, collateral, social media postings and other marketing collateral
• Manage the CSU-Global blog: create strategy for monthly content, coordinate, repurpose, and write content
• Work with Digital Marketing Associate to execute content distribution strategy.
• Revise, edit, and proofread content as needed, utiling AP style.
• Lead interviews of faculty, staff, students and other content sources for blog, website, and other content, in collaboration with strategy of Senior Community Engagement Associate and Senior Communications Manager.
• Work with Sr. Communications Manager to conceptualize and develop results-driven targeted messages and stories to engage current and prospective customers
• Interview or survey internal team members, clients, and other industry contacts needed to generate content ideas
• Utilize SEO strategies and implement best practices to enhance the distribution of created content
• Research, analyze and test the best ways for consumers to find and consume content.
• Develop and manage an editorial content calendar, adhering to production schedules and deadlines
• Other duties as assigned
Qualification & Education Requirements:
• 2 to 5 years of demonstrated experience in copywriting and content creation, including digital advertising, email marketing, blog posts, social media content, website content, and other engagement tools.
• Experience creating web-based content for persona-based audience segments.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
• Demonstrated proficiency in digital marketing techniques and strategies
• Basic familiarity with HTML coding
• Proficiency in AP Style Guide usage
• Undergraduate degree in Marketing, English, Communications, Journalism or similar major
• Ability to work effectively alone and in teams to meet organizational objectives
• Analytical approach to problem-solving and strategic planning
• Proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment
• Self-starter able to contribute through a value-added mindset
• Full-time office presence required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.