The content strategist will work within the Children’s Hospital Colorado marketing and communications team, overseeing the entire content lifecycle: analyzing, planning, writing, editing, distributing, managing and monitoring content. They will draw on the strategic objectives and user needs to audit existing content and create a comprehensive plan for future content: what needs to be created/repurposed/edited/removed, how, when, by whom, and where.
Focused primarily on external marketing communications (also, integration with internal communications and media relations is critical and should always be considered), this position will manage and direct the flow of valuable, relevant, integrated and engaging content through advertising, articles, web content, blog posts, social media, live events and videos. An understanding of information architecture, content delivery technologies, and anything that affects the impact of content is imperative.
Success will be defined by establishing a framework for multi-faceted brand stories and the ability to connect and engage our audiences with journalistic brand storytelling. Creating efficiencies with internal teams and streamlining content creation and workflow is essential.
- Understand and manage the role of content, not only within the web and marketing channels, but within the organization as a whole. Develop solutions to reflect those requirements.
- Generate and manage content matrix for diverse content assets across each key focus area.
- Create and/or implement an editorial calendar for the organization to align strategic marketing plans with brand, physician relations, service lines, clinical focus areas, patient stories, seasonal promotions, and more.
- Define and advise internal teams in establishing metrics to measure the efficacy of content solutions including: ROI, content/brand integrity, content accuracy and relevance, efficiencies gained in content lifecycle improvements.
- Develop standards, systems and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, retrieval and repurposing.
- Guide and mentor content specialists across all teams.
- Initiate content strategy roadmap/plan for strategic marketing and communications initiatives.
- Lead social media content strategy development and implementation.
- Excellent strategic thinker, writer, editor, team player, communicator
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, communications or related field
- 6 years of experience in developing content strategies and multichannel content creation
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics
- A combination of marketing and publishing mindset
- Proven editorial skills and outstanding command of the English language and AP style
- Experience in video storytelling: educational, cultural, documentary, interview, etc.
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time content creation with multiple distribution strategies and tactics
- Demonstrated experience creating a resource or library of content indicating SEO, channel integration and version control
- Fluency in digital best practices and tools including web analytics tools, content management systems, social media marketing applications and social media monitoring platforms
- Adept and willing to embrace change and to adapt solutions and strategies on the fly
- Client-facing, customer service skills
- Ability to inspire creative personnel and content creators