CREATIVE PRODUCER – DENVER
Calling all creative and innovative multimedia marketing producers! Here is a golden opportunity to support the premier public media resource for all Coloradans.
Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is the parent company of Rocky Mountain PBS and KUVO Jazz. Over a million Coloradans turn to Rocky Mountain PBS and to KUVO Jazz to discover provocative and inspiring local, national and international programming; find diverse viewpoints; score front row center seats to world-class performances; and experience lifelong learning opportunities every month.
The Creative Producer creates media (scripts, audio, video, graphics, digital, print and presentation) to sell concepts, engage audiences and motivate stakeholders. The position functions as a team member and also works independently on a variety of promotional and marketing projects — with an emphasis on script writing, video production, editing, graphic effects and file distribution. The position performs routine duties of preparing network and local program promotion and other station message spots for broadcast and online. The Creative Producer utilizes production and editing mastery, powered by exceptional creativity and imagination. Duties include shooting and editing long and short-form projects, with an emphasis on :05-:60 second spots and assisting with the art and branding direction of Rocky Mountain Public Media.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Performs creative production of advertising spots based upon client needs and messaging.
- Conceptualizes, writes and edits on-air promotional spots for Rocky Mountain Public Media (RMPM) original content, includingArts District, Colorado Experience and Insight with John Ferrugia.
- High proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud or Apple Creative Cloud application, especially Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, FCPX and Apple Motion.
- Conducts single or multiple camera shoots for various Creative Service requests.
- Participates in local fundraising production including studio video and audio recording, switching and effects with Newtek Tricaster, and post production of pre-recorded pledge breaks.
- Assists with the creation and implementation of brand development across RMPM.
- Works closely with digital and content teams on story development and promotional script needs to ensure RMPM branding is consistent across all platforms.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications of Position
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field required, or equivalent, relevant job experience will be considered.
- Experience and demonstrated skills in videography and photography in single and multiple camera scenarios.
- High proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud applications or Apple Creative Suite is a must.
- Understanding and experience with various video codecs, compressions and delivery methods.
- Strong computer skills in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to effectively tell stories and communicate our organization's brand through video, audio, graphics and copywriting.
- Experience in conceptualizing, writing, shooting and editing video and audio for multiple platforms (online/on-air).
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, work with a team, take direction from various directors, and work within the established budget.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and an acceptable Motor vehicle report (MVR). Must be insurable for driving station vehicles.
Preferred Qualifications of Position
- 3-5 years' prior experience working in similar creative services and production job functions.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work professionally with persons at all levels
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Communication proficiency and collaboration skills
- Technical capacity as described above
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position must apply at www.rmpbs.org/jobs. Please submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, salary history, and employment experience.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements.
- Compensation requirements.
Position will be posted at www.rmpbs.org/jobs until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio. Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.