Description: Impact On Education (IOE) is seeking a multitasking, detail-oriented, and charismatic team player to join our small and passionate team. We have a long history of supporting Boulder Valley School District (BVSD) on innovative, inclusive, and impactful education. This is a highly visible position working closely with the Executive Director on fundraising and events. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Communicate with prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to develop a solid relationship.
● In conjunction with the Executive Director, grow a major gifts program, including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
● Manage contracted grant writer, provide updated financials, and act as a liaison between relevant BVSD employees and IOE programs.
● Establish relationships with potential corporate partners through cultivation efforts with the contracted grant writer.
● Direct the annual fund program, including mailings, and annual fundraising drives and projects.
● Coordinate annual fundraising galas and events including our signature event, Razzle Dazzle.
● Take the lead on the coordination of five to ten smaller community fundraisers.
● Make public appearances to inform the community of IOE’s programs and services.
● Attend Board meetings to report on development activities and events and funds received.
● Manage gift processing and donor acknowledgment, the donor database and financial reporting. Manage accompanying information systems.
● Prepare all forms of written communication surrounding events/program and presentations for a diverse audience including board members, social media, school district communications, etc.
● Manage to appropriately position development opportunities and integrate messages in publications and collateral materials for donors.
● Prepare, design and execute both digital and print campaigns.
● Design and create marketing materials, as needed, managing contracted graphic designers.
● Update website to ensure accurate information.
● Prepare press releases for special updates, news, plans, and events.
● Maintain contacts, develop email campaigns and analyze results from Constant Contact.
● Provide annual gala and other event support with marketing, gifts, awards, video, ppt presentations, etc.
● Update and strive for consistency among all exterior communications.
● Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships.
Program Manager Crayons to Calculators
● Manage two full-time interns (June-August) and BVSD representatives.
● Secure packing and assembly line locations within BVSD.
● Schedule meetings requesting continued participation with large donors including corporate, individual, and community organizations.
● Update grade-appropriate school supply lists with district standards for the upcoming school year.
● Gather requested backpack needs from head secretaries in all BVSD schools and educational community organizations.
● Communicate community fundraising messaging through direct mailing, social media, email, corporate contacts.
● Determine needed supplies based on supply list and backpack needs/ finalize counts.
● Submit RFPs for bulk school supply orders from vendors.
● Identify community collection sites, deliver collection boxes and manage pick up.
● Solicit, manage, and schedule approximately 200 volunteers.
● Orchestrate finished product pickup and delivery with school district warehouse team.
● Support annual audit by managing Inventory and donation valuation.
● Manage donation thank you receipts on weekly basis throughout donation season.
● Must embrace the mission of Impact On Education
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
● Strong writing skills
● Uses traditional and innovative strategies to raise funds
● Knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques
● Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff and donors
● Be a self-starter
● Be organized and exhibit follow through on simultaneous tasks and concurrent goals
● Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, common sense, and good listening ability
● Demonstrate professional conduct at all times
● A bachelor’s degree
● One year minimum experience in professional fundraising and communications, working knowledge of development best practices, trends and fundraising tools
● Strong aptitude for desktop and network-based software applications including expert level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Suite. Basic HTML and website experience preferred.
Impact On Education Offers competitive salary, vacation and PTO leave, health insurance, dental benefits, vision benefits, Simple IRA match, and a great office space in Old Town Louisville. The salary range for this position is between $35,000 and $45,000 depending on experience. Full-time; non-exempt. The weekly schedule will be adjusted to accommodate department functions and events.
How To Apply
Email resume and cover letter to Sharon@impactoneducation.org Currently interviewing – please apply as soon as possible but no later than February 1, 2018.