Position Number: E 1094
Salary for Announcement: The salary range for this position is $33,512 – $39,154. the final salary range will be commensurate with the selected candidate’s experience and education.
Employee Category: Administrators
Department: Univ Adv – Dvlpmnt Office
The Development Assistant is an essential member of the University Advancement team, responsible for supporting the fundraising strategies that seek to secure private dollars in support of MSU Denver. The Development Assistant reports directly to the Associate Vice President, and will assist in all aspects of donor engagement, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. In collaboration with the Office Manager, the Development Assistant will supervise the Development Student Assistant.
This position will be expected to work 30 hours per week. This position does include benefits.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.
70% Administrative Support
• Secure and schedule phone and in-person appointments for gift officers with alumni, donors, prospects, and friends of MSU Denver
• Make travel arrangements for development staff donor visits
• Generate and prepare all necessary materials for donor visits (donor profiles, gift proposals, gift agreements, FAQs, etc.)
• In coordination with the stewardship team, manage all follow-up correspondence with donors on behalf of gift officers
• Work closely with gift officers to manage the prospect pipeline in Raiser’s Edge database
• Provide administrative support for regular Development team meetings
• Coordinate campus tours and/or meetings with campus partners, community partners, potential donors, and donors
25% Data Entry/Reporting
• Utilize Raiser’s Edge database to document all interactions with donors by gift officers, including but not limited to contact reports, actions, attributes, notes, etc.
• Under the direction of gift officers, create letters and/or gift proposals as needed
• Create and generate gift officer activity reports
5% Other Duties as Assigned
• Provide support to all other areas of University Advancement and team as needed
1) Experience as an administrative assistant and/or providing customer service experience in a professional setting
2) Excellent oral and written communication skills
3) Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
1) Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (two years of experience equals one year of education)
2) Experience working with Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM database
3) Experience working in alumni relations or fundraising/development
4) Familiarity with MSU Denver
4) Experience working in a professional capacity under the confines of discretion and confidentiality
5) Ability to work independently
6) Ability to handle multiple-tasks in a fast-paced environment
7) Excellent organizational skills
Posting Date: 07/15/2019
Closing Instructions: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Complete applications received by July 11, 2019 will receive full consideration. Position is open until filled.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
To apply, visit https://www.msudenverjobs.com/postings/12500
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.