Position Description: The Regional Development Manager is responsible for supporting all development efforts and revenue generation to implement TKC’s program in Colorado. This key role also collaborates with the Regional Director to support the execution of the Colorado region’s fundraising plan and collaborates with Regional Director to meet annual fundraising goals. The Regional Development Manager is an adaptable, articulate, and highly-motivated professional with a proven record of fundraising and/or business development experience. S/he demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for The Kitchen Community’s mission, inspiring donors to give. This position reports to the Regional Director.
Corporate, Individual, and Foundation Relations (50%)
- Support the Regional Director in meeting annual fundraising goals for regional budget as well as organizational fundraising goals.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with corporate partners, individual donors, and foundation staff through in-person meetings, phone calls, and written communication.
- Ensure regular communication with regional donors to keep TKC supporters informed and engaged, via a variety of print, digital, and social media.
- Identify, qualify, and prioritize new potential funders.
- Draft funding proposals and presentations and oversee proposal timelines.
- Grants management: create a grant calendar, draft grant applications, coordinate the gathering of information (budgets, materials, evaluation reports, etc.) to support grant requests and reporting; track the fulfillment of grants with Program staff.
- Support the Regional Advisory Board, including: helping to set a strategic vision for the Advisory Board’s role in Development, preparing for and participating in Advisory Board meetings, managing Advisory Board members on specific projects or activities, and corresponding with members as needed.
Fundraising Events (30%)
- Plan and implement regional fundraising events to share the organizations mission and raise funds, including the development of a signature annual event.
- Help develop and execute one major annual fundraising event for the region.
- Organize and participate in various other development activities and initiatives (Learning Garden tours, community events, and exclusive events) to promote TKC as appropriate.
Systems and Infrastructure (20%)
- Manage donor-related administration.
- Create an annual Regional fundraising calendar.
- Maintain donor and prospect records in Salesforce; ensure the accuracy and efficacy of information entered.
- Complete monthly and annual fundraising reports as needed.
- Support development management by ensuring timely information and reporting between the region and the Home Office.
- Support and engage in all organization advocacy initiatives on a local level.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with TKC’s Program and Project Management Teams.
Required Qualifications: • Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university. • Minimum three (3) years of fundraising or business development experience, including grant and proposal writing. • Passion and enthusiasm for The Kitchen Community’s mission. • Proven track record in meeting fundraising goals and in-person solicitations. • Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team and developing effective relationships with staff, volunteers, school communities, and donors. • Exercises high level of discretion when working with highly confidential, sensitive information. • Comfort with ambiguity; able to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities. Able to work well under pressure. • Extremely detail oriented and organized, with the strong ability to successfully multi-task as necessary or requested. • Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills. • Demonstrated commitment to TKCs mission and ability to present, inform, and motivate individuals and groups about TKC mission and programs. • Ability to lead multiple long- and short-term projects simultaneously, meeting all related deadlines with the ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work. • Proven ability to work unsupervised and make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively, and creatively. • Extensive computer skills, including intermediate or higher level proficiency with Microsoft Office (EXCEL, PowerPoint, and Word) and experience working with Salesforce or other CRM database.
TKC offers a competitive salary and benefit salary package.
For consideration please submit a resume and cover letter to Kristin@thekitchencommunity.org.