Outside Magazine/Outsideonline.com is seeking the right person to join our rapidly growing digital ad operations team in Boulder, Colorado. This position is crucial to the success of Outside’s digital advertising program, with the central goal of implementing campaigns in a timely and accurate manner. It requires a close working relationship with Outside’s sales team and regular communication with our clients. Daily tasks include executing digital campaigns for our clients, reviewing and approving Insertion Orders, and communicating and resolving discrepancies.
Essential duties include
- Oversee and manage the execution of Outside’s digital ad campaigns.
- Review and approve agency Insertion Orders (IOs) and Terms & Conditions (T&Cs).
- Track, communicate, and resolve any discrepancies between campaign proposals and IOs, and between client T&Cs and Outside’s cancellation policy.
- Communicate specifications and ad operations timelines to clients in a timely and professional manner, and post-sale serve as the main ad operations point of contact for clients.
- Meet and exceed client expectations by providing the highest level of customer service and developing strategies to resolve issues as they arise.
- Accurately communicate marketing and editorial programs to the appropriate internal teams.
- Gather, review, and track creative content, and send to the ad trafficking team
- Ensure the timely launch of custom editorial products, including but not limited to native and editorial sponsorships.
- Set up and remove Outside Online promotions as needed.
- Advocate for client needs and issues across multiple departments.
- Provide banner ad performance data and benchmarks to assist with campaign performance analysis.
Some of the skills, ability, and experience we’re looking for include
- Must be able to quickly learn and develop a strong understanding of Outside’s digital product offerings.
- Able to manage own workflow while coordinating with internal teams on schedules, campaign requirements, goals, and assignments as needed.
- Must demonstrate strong customer service orientation and the ability to foster relationships with clients, vendors, and Outside employees; flexible, patient, courteous, professional.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are critical for success, including organization, interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of change, and innovation.
- A strong level of comfort and confidence in answering and/or resolving client inquiries is necessary.
- Strong level of computer literacy required, with proficiency on Mac systems strongly preferred.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel) and Google Docs.
- Experience with Google Analytics & Google Ad Manager strongly preferred; at minimum experience with comparable products is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a Digital Marketing or similar degree preferred.
- Two years experience in digital campaign management and ad operations is required.
- Previous professional experience in the outdoor industry is a plus, but not required.
- Prior successful experience communicating directly with clients is required
This is not a telecommuting position; only candidates that can work at our office will be considered. The office is currently in Boulder but a move to Denver is being considered.
Outside offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), vacation and sick leave, and half-day Fridays in the summer months!