The Digital Communications Director is responsible for managing social media accounts, creating digital content, and communicating with the press. We are seeking an energetic, self-starter who is quick thinking and can work well on a team. This position works in conjunction with the Communications Director.
- Produce digital content based on legislation moving through the Senate, including infographics and videos
- Write and distribute press releases, op-eds, and newsletters
- Work collaboratively with the Chief of Staff, Communications team, and other Majority Office staffers
- This position reports to the Majority Office Chief of Staff and works with a Communications Director
- Efficient and organized, ability to meet all deadlines
- Comfortable with frequent change and shifting responsibilities in a multi-functional role
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and GoogleDocs
- Experience with Flickr, iMovie, Canva, and MailChimp
- Familiarity with the legislative process and recent legislation
- Prior communications experience required
- Full time
- Session Only (January – May)
- Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary request to email@example.com
- Applicants must provide at least three writing samples.
- Monday, October 2, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. Resumes received after this will not be considered.