Essential Functions and Objectives:
The digital communications specialist will assist with supporting DPS’ overall digital strategy across its online channels through leading the process, structure and design of the dpsk12.org website. This position will also help strengthen DPS' online reputation by partnering with internal and external stakeholders to ensure technical, accessibility and communications requirements are met online.
– Support the overall digital strategy and presence of the district on all dpsk12.org websites.
– Develop and launch a suite of accessible, mobile-friendly school and department website templates.
– Project manage intake meetings with schools and departments, providing oversight of website projects; update and streamline existing website documents and processes.
– Create and provide training programs for content managers; support content managers with technical questions and fixes.
– Co-manage governance on all dpsk12.org websites; support with website audit programs and create brand and accessibility requirements to effectively manage websites.
Core Values & Competencies:
As a values-based organization, achieve goals through our shared commitment to Students First, Integrity, Equity, Collaboration, Accountability and Fun.
– Provides various support and conducts activities related to logistics, reporting, training, communications, and processes. Participates in the planning and implementation of new initiative.
– Assesses and troubleshoots escalated problems and applies expert understanding to resolve complex challenges of stakeholders; focuses on root cause identification in order to achieve systemic and sustainable improvement. Approves and documents exceptions for compliance record keeping and reporting.
– Ensures appropriate key stakeholder involvement in planning, goal-setting, and implementation to achieve buy-in of work products. Ensures purposeful, positive and professional interactions and relationships with all stakeholders; enables consistent application of work products across the district.
– Identifies opportunities for improvement, prioritizes, and recommends solutions to management. Implements approved enhancements to ensure consistency across the district. Identifies opportunities to reduce costs; analyzes available data, trends, and feedback, and ensures compliance with expectations for optimal operation and goal achievement.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Knowledge with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
– Effective time management and organizational skills.
– Effective communication skills.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Effectively handle multiple demands and competing deadlines.
– The ability to take responsibility for one’s own performance.
– Work collaboratively with others on a team.
– Aptitude for variety and changing expectations and fast-paced environment.
– Knowledge of Blackboard Schoolwires and WordPress content management system.
– Strong knowledge of and extensive experience using WordPress, including theme and plugin development, multi-site networks and user permissions.
– Experience using Asana or other online project management systems as well as Adobe Creative Suite.
– Bachelor's Degree in web development and design, marketing, communications, journalism or related field.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.