Primary Purpose of Position
Responsible for planning, soliciting, and promoting Sonnenalp hotel business, including weddings, groups, and events. Develops the overall hotel catering and conference services action plans and budgets. Responsible for revenue maximization and control of expenses through effective negotiation of services and accurate forecasting. Responsible for creating and overseeing wedding block agreements. Responsible for the successful execution of all Sonnenalp events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages catering and conference services team and provides opportunities for training, development, motivational and growth opportunities
- Assigns all business, including groups, weddings and catering only functions to the catering and conference team.
- Responsible for the development of market segments and solicitation of new customer relationships while maintaining existing relationships with corporate, events and wedding accounts.
- Consistently strives to maximize revenue and promote relationships through effective negotiation of services and control of expenses.
- Oversees all contracts, including catering only events, wedding events, as well as wedding room block agreement.
- Coordinates with Banquet Manager to supervise preparation, presentations, and service of food and beverage to ensure the highest quality at all times is being delivered as promised to the clients.
- Works with clients to finalize menus, room set-ups, audio visual needs in addition to arranging florists, photographers, entertainment and any additional decor or transportation needs.
- Expected to achieve individual catering and conference services booking goals, but also to motivate the team to achieve their individual booking goals and to achieve all combined budgets.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university in hospitality management or like asset; or eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four years or more of combined experience as a Conference Services and/or Catering Manager in a luxury hotel or a four diamond resort.
- 2 years or more of managing and executing wedding events
- CMP or CMM certification a plus
- Social media knowledge
- Strong knowledge of sales negotiation, contract knowledge, business and industry relations and understanding of sales markets
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office applications
- In depth Knowledge of Delphi FDC (sales Force)
- Squirrel system knowledge a plus
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Confident and dynamic personality
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to motivate and lead a team
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues and as part of a team
- Excellent written English skills
Essential Physical Requirements
- The schedule is typically Monday through Friday, but weekends and holidays are expected. Must be able to adapt work schedule to seasonal demands.