Based out of our Home Office in Greenwood Village, CO, the Manager of Consumer Insights provides voice of the consumer input, guidance and recommendations related to Red Robin’s current and future guests, the market, and competition. Supports Marketing and Operations in the U.S. and Canada in developing and evaluating strategies and tactics. Works independently and as part of cross-functional teams, managing both a direct report and numerous outside vendor partners.Provides Voice of the Consumer input, guidance and recommendations related to Red Robin’s current and future guests, the market, and competition. Supports Marketing and Operations in the U.S. and Canada in developing and evaluating strategies and tactics. Works independently and as part of cross-functional teams, managing both a direct report and numerous outside vendor partners.
- Design marketing research tests with clear objectives based on business needs. Devise and gain alignment on success criteria, oversee execution via outside research vendors, and analyze and interpret results to provide actionable insights and recommendations.
- Contribute to building Brand Health, both overall and vs competition, by providing deep understanding of market segmentation/brand targets, equities and opportunities, and by leading the Technomic Tracker program and Lapsed User studies.
- Help develop and evaluate traffic-driving and frequency-building initiatives by spearheading qualitative and quantitative copy testing, value screens, promotions screens, Royalty tactics, etc.
- Provide actionable direction for continuous operations improvement, primarily through managing and leading the Guest Voice program and coordinating Deep Dive and ad hoc analyses.
- Lead cross-functional team to analyze and integrate learning from CI, BA, Guest Relations and Social Media to provide actionable period business results for the Executive Team and key stakeholders.
- Manage outside research vendors, ensuring their work is high quality, on time, and within budget, and that their interactions with Red Robin team members and guests conform to Red Robin standards
- Investigate new research methodologies, delivering deeper insights, lower costs and/or faster results
- Oversee Consumer Insights budget
- 6-8 years of marketing research experience
- Restaurant industry experience required
- College degree or certifications in marketing research preferred
- Expert in quantitative and qualitative research methods; experienced with syndicated services
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to find and tell the story
- Creative thinker, open to new ideas
- Collaborative team player capable of working with multiple departments for a common goal
- High level of accountability: proactive with a strong sense of urgency
- Detail-oriented and able to manage complexity; Able to effectively prioritize multiple projects from multiple constituencies based on understanding of organizational goals
- Willing and able to “push back” and take an unpopular view if needed to represent the voice of the customer; able to work towards compromise solutions balancing consumer and business needs
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer