The Mental Health Center of Denver is seeking a creative and driven individual to direct communications for our most innovative, collective impact projects. Leveraging the success of Dahlia Campus for Health and Well-Being, the Director of High Impact Communications (“The Director”) will plan, develop, and implement marketing strategies, marketing communications, public relations and media relations activities, both external and internal, to support the development and continued success of the strategic Community Partnership’s (“The Department”) projects, across the City and County of Denver. The Director will also support collective impact best practices, community partnership development, evaluation of strategic projects and site development projects.
- Create, implement and measure the success of a comprehensive marketing , communications, public/media relations(including social media) program that will enhance MHCD’s image and position, in order to increase public engagement, support fundraising, and encourage partnerships.
- Collaborate with contracted communications/marketing firm to achieve identified goals.
- Leverage the success of the Dahlia Campus project to obtain local and national publicity.
- Establish rapport with key media contacts and crafts supporting collateral.
- Support collective impact best practices and community partnership development.
- Arrange and conduct tours of Dahlia Campus for Health and Well-Being.
- Ensure consistent articulation of the Department’s desired image and brand.
- Design presentations: write talking-points, craft PowerPoints and coach VP on delivery and approach.
- Support evaluation of strategic projects and site developments projects.
- Research trends and best practices regarding community partnerships and collective impact model. Disseminate findings to VP and Project Coordinator, and via content marketing pieces.
- Coordinate all efforts at the strategic and tactical levels with other MHCD departments, including development.
- Create mechanisms for regular feedback between community members and project –development team.
- Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist project partners in marketing, communications and public relations.
- Develop and maintain photo and video library.
- Represent the department at internal and external meetings in lieu of the VP as requested.
- Support the Vice President’s fund raising efforts.
- Support Project Coordinator’s community engagement efforts by providing collateral and visuals and language for surveys.
- Thoughtfully contribute to shaping team culture, assisting with development of mission, goals and culture.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Education and Training: Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or a related field.
- Familiarity with behavioral health, affordable housing, food justice, or early education preferred.
- Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years in a public relations or marketing role. Experience supervising contractors preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral, written, and visual communication skills.
- Ability and desire to connect with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Works effectively as part of a team.
- Entrepreneurial, results-driven, energetic, dedicated, and diplomatic.
- High level of comfort with various software an duplications, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Photoshop, Adobe Suite, Constant Contact , etc.
- Skill in project management and managing –up.
- Commitment to inclusive approaches
- to support the well-being of all Denver communities.
Apply at https://mhcd.org/careers/director-high-impact-communications/