|The Opportunity – Director of Sales & Marketing
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, determined, well-spoken and experienced Director of Sales & Marketing who understands the meaning of “hunting” to proudly sell The Stanley Hotel, located in Estes Park, CO.
As a Director of Sales & Marketing you’ll be responsible for executing sales strategies in order to maximize hotel profitability while maintaining customer satisfaction. This position is eligible for quarterly incentive bonus program.
Key responsibilities of a Director of Sales & Marketing include:
Driving Sales (55%)
• Develops annual marketing plan in conjunction with the property’s executive team and executes marketing-related items
• Is responsible for the accuracy of all information on websites, collateral and advertising that promote the hotel
• Maintains and updates the branded website content and works with Marketing to update the hotel’s vanity website (if applicable)
• Coordinates, plans and implements marketing-related tactics and events
• Develops annual media plan in conjunction with the Evolution Marketing Dept.
• Adds creativity and trend insights into driving revenue via packages, promotions and public relations
• Works with other hotel departments to successfully market amenities including spa, restaurant, lounge and events (as applicable)
• Tracks ROI on all advertising and marketing spend
• Maintains, responds and updates social media websites
• Works with corporate marketing team, vendors and agencies to develop creative
• Creates content for and implements social media strategies
• Assists with brand development and protection
• Coordinates and manages photo shoots
• Oversees public relations strategy; liaisons with PR consultant; prepares and approves releases; handles media requests
• Oversees eCommerce strategy; liaisons with brand representative on a monthly basis and Evolution corporate eCommerce team as needed
• Coordinates local advertising to promote hotel’s restaurant, lounge, spa, etc.
• Represents hotel at various meetings and events in support of community and public relations
• Achieving or exceeding individual and team sales goals and hotel budgets
• Managing lead sources to ensure quantity and quality of leads
• Conducting sales calls to key accounts or major prospects
• Monitoring sales activities/performance to ensure revenue goals meet or exceed established plan and accurately reporting variance/projections to management
• Using corporate Revenue Management resources to help make informed decisions and maximize revenue
• Ensuring that the property is maximizing the use of all company, brand and local CVB programs
• Recruiting the best possible sales team and reducing turnover through coaching, counseling and training
• Providing support and coaching for team members to drive high levels of performance, job satisfaction, and personal growth
• Developing and maintaining positive relationships with peers, competitors and brand partners
Use of Tools & Processes (25%)
Building & Inspiring a Great Team (15%)
Developing a Systemic Service Culture (5%)
Managing the Middle of the Page (5%)
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience managing or leading hotel sales
About Evolution Hospitality
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.