Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Summay of Job:
The Director, Ski School Marketing is responsible for setting the vision and growth strategies to deliver revenue and volume goals for Vail Resorts’ Ski School line of business across the company’s major North American mountain resorts.
S/he will drive the multi-year strategic planning to deliver future growth, and lead stakeholders across functions and locations to increase bookings for Ski School as part of the Vail Resorts data-driven guest centric marketing approach.
The Director should be an analytical marketer with the ability to direct a segmented, targeted and personalized marketing approach, with experience leveraging test-and-learn capabilities to measure effectiveness in order to drive business results.
The Director leads the team responsible for the creation and execution of strategic marketing plans which leverage paid media, digital and web channels, CRM, email and other guest contact strategies.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Leads multi-year strategic growth roadmap, and develops strategies which will deliver future growth and guide the priorities for the business
- Leverages data to create segmentation, constructs targeted and personalized marketing approaches, and builds complex taxonomies and decision trees to inform guest contact strategies leveraging marketing automation platforms
- Creates robust test-and-learn programming to understand drivers of business results and leverages learnings to optimize plans
- Develop annual strategic growth objectives, key business priorities and initiatives for Ski School line of business, and leads teams cross-functionally to drive integrated marketing efforts to execute against priorities
- Collaborates with numerous stakeholders across functions at the Corporate and Resort level to gain alignment and lead through influence cross functionally to plan/execute/optimize marketing plans
- Oversees teams that monitor business performance and addresses opportunities/needs to optimize marketing plans
- Develops strategies and oversees execution of enterprise-wide promotions and sales, Booking Deadline promotions, as well as ongoing multi-resort marketing campaigns
- Directs various external agencies/partners for creative and content needs
- Develops and manages marketing budgets and forecasts
- Leads annual planning efforts for the business in partnership with Operations stakeholders
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience
- 6-8 years marketing experience, preferably in product or hospitality industries; experience working in a multi-location and matrixed environment a plus
- 5+ years direct supervisory experience
Confident, collaborative leader who is able to function effectively in a matrixed environment by successfully leading through influence. Pursues work with energy and drive. Adept at assessing and utilizing business data to identify needs and capitalize on opportunities. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude, with the ability to be nimble in a fast-paced environment. Comfortable interacting with individuals at all levels of the organization. Works independently, takes the initiative and has the desire to achieve. Possesses good judgment, and is conscientious and trustworthy. Some travel required to different resort locations.
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.