Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, Live Nation Media & Sponsorship and Artist Nation Management. Ticketmaster is the global event ticketing leader with nearly 455 million tickets sold, over 145,000 events ticketed and more than 12,000 clients in 21 countries. Live Nation Concerts has become the single largest provider of live entertainment in the world producing nearly 23,000 shows annually for over 2,700 artists in 33 countries. Artist Nation Management is one of the world’s leading artist management companies, representing approximately 280 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to deliver music marketing programs across 750 brands enabling advertisers to tap into the 59 million fans Live Nation Entertainment delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
HOB Entertainment, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, offers exceptional club venues nationwide. House of Blues venues provide several genres of live music from Rock, Hip Hop, Country, Rock en Español, Blues, Jazz, Reggae and Pop. House of Blues venues are also known for their southern-style cuisine, juke-joint inspired atmosphere and the World Famous Gospel Brunch.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Complete responsibility and accountability for the success of the Special Events Sales department for the Summit and Marquis Theaters in Downtown Denver.
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly financial goals
- Proactively solicit new business opportunities by conducting effective sales calls, make out-of-the-office sales calls and presentations to potential clients; handle special event inquiry calls; negotiate space, assist with clients catering needs through local caterer, create event proposals and conduct site inspections.
- Negotiate and close contracts
- Build/Generate new leads to increase size of potential client database from cold calls and market prospecting to include, but not limited to: conventions, corporations, DMCs, tour operators, meeting planners, associations, SMERF (Social, Military, Educational, Religious and Fraternal) groups, concierges, hotels, organizations (i.e. Chamber of Commerce, Convention Center, Convention & Visitors Bureau, etc.) etc.
- Develop strategic and promotional plan to drive Special Event/Rental sales for the venue/region to reach/exceed annual goal. Plan to include strategic initiatives, competitive analysis, insights on new areas of opportunity, etc.
- Sales generation – maximize revenue while developing long-term relationships with clients (both local and national)
- Monitors changes in the sales / special events industry and develop strategies to improve and adjust to those changes
- Evaluate / identify potential business from new clients for both local market venues as well as Live Nations portfolio of opportunities
- Seek out and develop relationship with local industries (i.e. corporations, hotels, non-profits, etc)
- Fully integrate into CVB to capitalize on the corporate and convention business that comes to the local market
- Become involved in local and national outside organizations directly related to the hospitality industry (i.e. MPI, PCMA, ISES, HSMAI)
- Attend local trade shows, participate in sales blitzes and other off-site sales efforts
- Responsible for overall financial aspects involved in promoting and selling the venue
- Create and implement required reports on the productivity of sales by establishing revenue goals, enhancing client database, increasing check averages, managing contribution margin and exceeding goals in all categories
- Oversee and coordinate service vendors to fulfill client proposal and event needs
- File management of Caterease (Special Events software system)
- Strategic planning and forecasting
- Oversee all departmental accounting paperwork
- Development, management and fulfillment of the Special Event marketing budget
- Weekly reports to the GM on corporate sales trends, bookings, sales recaps and department productivity
- Submit monthly reports to GM and VP of Sales including, but not limited to: Special Event Revenue Report, Forecast, Revenue Pipeline, Talent Cost, Event Export Reports, Revenue Breakdown and Lost Business
- Serve as an advisor to sales venue staff members on logistical arrangements, recommend and monitor new business opportunities, develop professional and personal goals of the staff maximizing productivity and stimulating growth, both internally and externally
- Serve as an advisor to venue staff members on logistical arrangements.
- Provide a positive and creative team environment within the venue departments.
- Ensure accuracy and delivery of all required reports (SEO’s, leads, event calendars, forecasting, sales revenue reports, etc) are distributed in a timely manner for proper planning
- Understand all operational department responsibilities, capabilities and limitations to smoothly ensure maximum guest satisfaction and operational communication
- Maintain office procedures to ensure timely returned calls, maintain filing, trace system, lost business and proper etiquette
- Maintain open communication and handle conflict resolution with staff
- Proven sales leadership experience; preferably in a multi-unit role. Live entertainment, restaurant, hospitality company experience is preferred.
- Minimum of five years sales experience.
- Working knowledge of local and regional markets, restaurant, venue operations and guest relations
- Tech savvy, Experience with different systems and platforms (Windows environment, spreadsheet, databases, word processing)
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, organization, financial knowledge, and team building
- Ability to delegate, follow up, relate to staff, guests and clients in a positive and effective manner
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Working environment is fast-paced
- Flexible schedule (days/nights, weekends)
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenationentertainment.com/careers to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.