Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The primary responsibility of the Director of Strategic Alliance is the acquisition, development and management of all corporate strategic partnerships and alliances. Will oversee an international team of 10 people and work to transform the strategic alliance organization and business processes. This position requires an innovative, transformational leader to oversee the strategic partnerships and relationships for the enterprise. Responsible for the acquisition, development and management of all corporate strategic partnerships and alliances. Will oversee an international team of 10 people and work to transform the strategic alliance organization and business processes.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the acquisition, business development and marketing of corporate partnerships across the premier mountain ski resort destinations of Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Crested Butte in Colorado; Park City in Utah; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in Lake Tahoe; Stevens Pass in Washington; Whistler Blackcomb in Canada; Stowe, Okemo and Mt Sunapee in the Northeast
- Provide strategic leadership for partnerships across the resorts and supporting lines of business for the company. Act as a trusted advisor and business strategist with responsibilities in partnering with clients and stakeholders to provide thought leadership, strategic direction, market analysis, partnership sourcing and support to drive growth and operational excellence.
- Work collaboratively with the executive leadership team to align on the business roadmap, identification of incremental opportunities, build analytic-based strategic plans, develop enterprise wide processes and drive actionable decisions.
- "Tell/sell the story” throughout the organization to gain support and alignment for the strategy and fuel execution fulfillment by account teams based in the U.S and Canada.
- Drive the business by consistently achieving and exceeding partnership sales goals and objectives along with uncovering incremental business that supports B2B verticals including Media, Retail, Food & Beverage, Lodging, Operations, Transportation, etc.
- Develop new corporate relationships that deliver value to partner corporations by packaging marketing exposure to Vail Resorts customers, distribution through Vail Resorts operations and/or services available at Vail Resorts’ mountains and lodging properties in return for cash sponsorship, cost-reduction and/or marketing exposure for Vail Resorts.
- Work with various operations managers to identify opportunities for new alliances and to generate support for alliances to ensure their success.
- Cultivate relationships with a wide variety of corporations with the objective of developing new alliances.
- Manage relationships with third-party event producers, community entities such as the Vail Valley Foundation, municipal governments, resort companies, etc. to develop comprehensive alliances across the various organizations within each destination/resort.
- Work with the legal department to properly document/contract all commitments.
- Manage the Strategic Alliance revenue and expense budgets to deliver budgeted contribution.
- Other duties as assigned
College degree or comparable years in business management or related discipline preferred.. Successful sponsorship or partnership career can enhance this.
5+ year’s previous sponsorship or partner relationship experience, experience in budgeting and business planning preferred.
5+ years of supervisory preferred
Microsoft Office to include Excel, Powerpoint and Word, social media and mobile devices.
English and excellent communications skills required.
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.