The Downtown Boulder Partnership has a full-time Administrative Assistant position available with a mid to late October start date.
This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer. The Administrative Assistant will be the first point of contact to guests calling into the office or visiting in person. The Administrative Assistant will oversee a wide range of administrative and some executive support tasks.
Candidate should possess the following qualities: Outgoing with a good sense of humor; energetic; thrive in a fast-paced environment; able to work independently; flexible; extremely detailed orientated and self-motivated; willingness to learn and always pitch in wherever and whenever needed (occasional nights, early morning and weekend event work required).
- Serve as the first contact for the Partnership, including receiving visitors and answering phones. This includes opening the office daily at 9 a.m. and closing the office at 5 p.m.
- Overseeing gift card sales – both in person, as well as fulfilling online orders.
- Support CEO as needed including coordination of calendar (meetings, appointments, etc.)
- Provide administrative support to three Boards of Directors: prepare, assemble and distribute materials to the Board on behalf of the CEO; attend monthly board meetings – occasionally earlier morning, taking, composing and distributing minutes; and maintain file of official meeting minutes.
- Database management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist events team as needed (occasionally outside of normal business hours)
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational, time-management and interpersonal skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Calendar & Gmail.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, including professional telephone and office etiquette, courteous customer service skills interacting with board members, city officials, business owners, and the general public.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task, work under pressure, handle frequent interruptions and meet deadlines.
- Must handle confidential information with discretion and produce high-quality work with attention to detail.
- Minimum of two years of office management and/or administrative assistance required.
- Experience and comfort working in a small office that is team-oriented, mission-driven, and strives for excellence.
Excellent benefits package including health/dental/vision insurance, simple IRA, ECO pass & paid time off.
Application deadline: October 8, 2019.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter & resume to Chip, Chief Executive Officer (Chip@downtownboulder.org). No phone calls please. Please note, initial acknowledgement of receipt of your resume will be given. After that, only those who will be asked to interview will be notified.
About Downtown Boulder Partnership:
The Downtown Boulder Partnership (DBP), formerly Downtown Boulder, Inc., is a 501c6 nonprofit organization dedicated to the preservation and enhancement of downtown as the heart of the greater Boulder community. As the umbrella organization for the Downtown Boulder Business Improvement District (BID) and the Downtown Boulder Foundation (DBF), the Partnership works tirelessly to make our downtown a national model of success.