The Rocky Mountain Down Syndrome Association
- Coordinate intake calls for K-12 consultation services that RMDSA receives from parents and educators across CO and WY with various consultants in the field.
- Communicate effectively with consultants and parents/educators to ensure needs are being met with relevant services.
- Responsible for administrative tasks related to services: documentation, billing, tracking of services, etc. for all clients.
- Respond to inquiries for services and referrals.
- Connect and collaborate with school districts and parents to ensure high quality services are delivered.
- Plan, promote, and coordinate educational seminars and events for the region.
- Provide educational expertise and support to RMDSA families in need of support and school guidance, provide recommendations related to: IEP support, curriculum accommodations and modifications, placement, testing, etc.
- Represent RMDSA at educational seminars, meetings, resource fairs, and networking events.
- Work with RMDSA staff on the solicitation and reporting for funding for educational services.
- Provide updates and reports as requested by the Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned in support of the overall RMDSA mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or relevant special education field/experience required.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with individuals with Down syndrome.
- At least 3 years of Special Education, or related experience in the workforce.
- Current and valid CO driver’s license.
- Must pass all necessary background checks.
- Works primarily in an office environment
- Must be able to sit, walk, stand, bend, stoop, as needed.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs as needed for required job duties.
- Attend and participate in professional training and conferences as assigned.
- Attends and assists with the planning, coordination, and execution of all RMDSA major events (Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk, Tee Up golf tournament, Holiday Party, etc.)
- Works outside of normal business hours, on weekends and nights as required.
- Travel required to perform duties as assigned.
Commensurate with experience.