WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the U.S., and located just 67 miles NW of Denver, is the closest major ski resort to the City. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Alterra Mountain Company is a community of 12 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
Reporting to the Events and Brand Partnerships Manager, the Event & Brand Partnerships Coordinator is responsible for ensuring events and partnership deliverables are executed at the highest level. This position will be focused on the event operations and logistics of each event. This includes, but is not limited, to event set up & break down, internal & external communications, booking third party vendors and working across resort departments. Must work well under pressure or tight deadlines as well as be available to work weekends and long shifts to ensure event success.
- Assist the Events & Brand Partnerships Manager with event logistics, including set up and break down, on-site support during the event and communication with resort departments and third party vendors. Facilitate smooth transitions between normal resort operations and event operations to minimize event impact on guest experience
- Work with various Resort Divisions, including Mountain Operations, Retail, Food & Beverage, Marketing, IT and Sales/Lodging to best utilize assets and resources.
- Book entertainment/musicians (example: Mountaintop Après Music Series), write contracts, and ensure check requests are submitted and delivered in a timely manner
- Create and distribute BEOs for events for the Food and Beverage staff
- Participation in pre-event planning and execution of post-event analysis
- Timely completion of event recaps and equipment inventory after each event
- Inventory, organize and track events and brand partnerships collateral/swag in storage
- Manage the distribution of event collateral/signage on and off resort property
- Maintaining all events information on resort’s website
- Assist in the execution of sponsorship contracts through fulfillment of external trade requests (hospitality), comp. lodging requests and tracking partnership deliverables
- Maintaining Events budget, including invoice management, reporting and entering expenses
- Providing input and support through participation in weekly meetings and wrap-ups
- Assist Events and Brand Partnerships Manager with logistics and execution of 3rd party events by ensuring all departments are up to date and prepared for the event
- Must have ability to lift, move, and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Commitment to guest and employee satisfaction
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Demonstrates ability to execute tasks and projects independently, handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Understanding, or desire to learn, promotions and marketing
- Resourcefulness in solving problems
- Communication skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail
This position directly interacts with staff within Alterra Brand Partnerships/Events team, Marketing, Sales, Lodging, Food & Beverage, Ski and Ride School, Competition Center, Mountain Operations, Terrain Park Staff, Guest Services Staff, and Corporate and Promotional Partners, General Counsel, Risk Management, the Winter Park Fraser Valley Chamber and The Village at Winter Park.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
- College degree or commensurate additional experience (and proven track record in lieu of degree) required
- Minimum two (2) years of proven experience in an event management/coordination, meeting planning, activities coordination, youth-orientated programming (arts, activities, sports etc.), or other related and pertinent role required
- Proven experience conceptualizing, planning, managing, and promoting small-to-mid scale events or animation programming (especially in a destination resort or ski area or outdoor environment) required
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal
Employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.