Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Events Coordinator, Beaver Creek Resort Company
Beaver Creek Resort Company (BCRC) events will perpetuate the vision of Beaver Creek Resort as the World’s Best Luxury Family Resort. This will be accomplished through offering rarefied experiences to guests through world class and engaging events, activities and animation in Beaver Creek Village.
The overarching goal of the Events Coordinator is to support and coordinate year-round events, entertainment and attractions to enhance guest experience as assigned by the Director of Events and Sponsorship.
Under the direction of the Director of Events and Sponsorship, the primary duties of the Events Coordinator are as follows:
- Assist in the planning, set up, event execution and teardown of on-going, weekly programming, family activities and large-scale signature events.
- Serve as the “team leader” for small scale animations or events and develop the schedule of events.
- Work with marketing to generate increased attendance at each of these events.
- Support Event Managers in pre-planning and onsite event execution for all large-scale, signature events.
- Assist with the marketing and public relations for all of these events.
- Canvas event promotional materials.
- Assist in general office tasks.
- Brand representative – expected to represent high expectations of the company and brand conducting business while interacting with integrity and keeping the best interest of Beaver Creek Resort Company in mind.
The ideal candidate for this position finds enjoyment and satisfaction in the fulfillment of project based tasks. The required skills for this position are:
- At least 1 year of operations, events, promotions or marketing experience.
- Willingness to learn and develop skills as the event strategy and team continues to develop and grow.
- Ability to prioritize and follow-through. It is important to be able to prioritize projects, ask for direction when needed and follow through on the completion of tasks.
- Self-motivated/Self-sufficient. Our department is extremely busy year-round and the Coordinator will be expected to take on a lot of responsibility and at times work independently without supervision.
- Good teamwork skills. The Coordinator will constantly interact with the rest of the event team members and members of other departments. Candidate must be willing to be a continual team player.
- Excellent organization skills. Being detail oriented and very organized is essential to the success of any event. Our events are very multifaceted, and the event organizers must have every aspect planned well in advance.
- Excellent problem solving skills. When planning events, unforeseen challenges arise. The ability to gather the necessary information in order to make decisions is a key trait for the Coordinator to possess.
- Outstanding work ethic. Must be able to work odd hours, weekend and holidays and perform manual labor (be able to lift 50lbs). Event planning requires hands-on, physical work including site set-up/take-down, moving supplies to/from storage facilities and working through the elements (rain, shine or snow).
- Be able to work within structure and process, and assist in developing these processes where none exist.
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstration of operational excellence
- Positive “can do” attitude.
- Advanced computer skills in Slack, G-Suite, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Functional skills in Adobe, Event Brite, Canva and other cloud based applications.
Other attributes that are a plus:
- Student organization involvement
- Previous ski resort experience
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.